Another example of Touchwood's craftsmanship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Recently Don Patterson (Touchwood) completed an entertainment center on commission for me.

The EC is built from spalted post oak and quartersawn white oak, all of which was logged, milled and kiln dried on my farm.

Don's craftsmanship is superb, and the photo's don't really do the EC justice.

Post oak can be a difficult wood to work with (frequently used for pallet material) - especially when you're not working with FAS boards! I really liked the rustic look of the spalting, knots and other defects, and Don was kind enough to tackle working with some very challenging boards!

The final product was well worth it though.

Thanks Don!!!

Scott

front_5.jpg

shelf_view_2.jpg

top_view2.jpg

Tower_right_side.jpg

dovetail1.jpg

M

McRabbet

That is a very distinctive piece -- congratulations to the sawyer, kilnmaster, designer and craftsman for a beautiful result!

J

jeff...

Wow that is simply prestigious - love that wood and those natural edges - awesome simply awesome :cool:

But to think Bas that is thinking of going the way of round, what's the matter with him?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Superb! With an entertainment center like that, I'd be so distracted I'd miss half the stuff on TV.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
WOW!!! uhhhh...WOW!!:eek: errrrr...WOW!!:swoon:

"And that's all I got to say 'bout that"

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:eek:ccasion1 Scott, you made a wise investment of funds. Touchwood massaged the oak perfectly.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Nice work Don, I like your joints and style.
Congrats Scott, I bet you'll enjoy that for a time.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don is the real master craftsman. I believe he could turn 2 X lumber from Lowes into a thing of beauty. Congrats to both of of you.

Glennbear

Glenn
Beautiful work , it must be very satisfying to have seen that wood transformed from log to EC every step of the way :wsmile:

Glennbear

Glenn
Don is the real master craftsman. I believe he could turn 2 X lumber from Lowes into a thing of beauty. Congrats to both of of you.

I would not denigrate Don's work but after seeing his benches , Doug Robinson's award, etc. Bas is the reigning king of SYP transformation :rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I would not denigrate Don's work but after seeing his benches , Doug Robinson's award, etc. Bas is the reigning king of SYP transformation :rotflm:
Glenn, thanks for the compliment :icon_thum SYP is a natural fit for me because it's cheap! But, remember - not every 2x piece of lumber is SYP. There's a lot of that white pine stuff out there. It's great for Krenov style furniture; it warps and twists into beautiful curves all by itself, but it's not so good for anything straight....

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow, it's beautiful!
I know nothing about styles and period furniture, but I see a unique blend of mission and rustic . . . very creative with striking wood :icon_thum

Roger

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
As others have said, that is simply gorgeous wood and craftsmanship!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS