Another DC Score!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I picked up the Griz 1029 2 HP DC from Sawhorse (Chuck) today and enjoyed visiting with him for a while. I knew when he opened the garage door that this machine had been taken care of. It was spotless.

I drove home, then wired in a 220 V dedicated circuit and fired her up.

WOW!!!! That baby sucks...big time!! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

The DC was in new condition - I mean even the bags were perfectly clean. When I got it home LOML looked at it and said, "that doesn't even look like it's ever been used". I don't know how much higher the velocity is than my 1HP Delta but it is very impressive.

I will plan a layout for rigid duct. The unit has two 4 inch ports. One is routed through the garbage can cyclone and will go to the planer, TS, jointer, with blast gates on each. The other will go direct to the bandsaw, with its own blast gate. I think the BS dust is fine enough to bypass the DC.

I will clean up my Delta 1HP and post it "For Sale" soon.

BTW, Jeff, I really feel guilty for beating you to this baby. It's a beauty!! Not guilty enough to pass it on, though!! :lol: :lol:

Chuck

Attachments

• Griz DC small.JPG
    Griz DC small.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 141

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Congrats, looks like a good haul. Just a suggestion on the pipe, you will get better suction with 6in pipe, if you already have 4in run with it. But if you are planning picking up new pipe I would go with 6in. God bless friend.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yep, you and your barely used (new to you) DC suck in the best of ways. Why does everybody keep putting up these deals right after the holidays when I am even more tapped out than usual :BangHead:

Dave:)

MikeH

New User
Mike
Chuck congrats on the DC. Let me know when you are ready to sell your 1HP DC. I might be very interested.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Congrats Chuck!!! I'm sure it will be an impressive upgrade to the 1 HP you have been using. Good way to end 2006!

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Hey Chuck, nice snag. Let me know when you get around to running the pipe. I would like to see what you come up with. Still contemplating the cyclone thing.

Mike

Oh BTW, You Suck !!!

M

McRabbet

Wow, my second chance of the day to issue a

Dustus Suckus Grandus!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors