Another Classified Ad issue.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I deleted the ad and sent a PM. New member probably did not read the policies. I asked him to read the ad policy before posting another ad.

M

McRabbet

Have any of you on the tech side taken a look at our ability to limit the number of bumps on Classified ads? For example, the Particle Board Ad by Danskone appears to be a commercial ad and it has re-appeared at least twice. I think I will take a crack at editing our Policy Statement for discussion in this Forum.

TracyP

Tracy
Frogmore's response to my PM stated that he was looking for a services category, which we do not have, and in my opinion shouldn't have

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
According to the settings, we don't allow bumping.

I'll test it out. He could be posting new ad's each time.

Jim

Have any of you on the tech side taken a look at our ability to limit the number of bumps on Classified ads? For example, the Particle Board Ad by Danskone appears to be a commercial ad and it has re-appeared at least twice. I think I will take a crack at editing our Policy Statement for discussion in this Forum.

TracyP

Tracy
Also, services can be posted in a thread. It would disappear in a couple of days as much as is posted here. I don't think he would get many takers.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
But.....

According to vClassifieds, we do allow bumping (only by Admin and Moderators).

What is happening with the Particle Board as is something else.

There is a seperate permission for "Can Relist Until Sold", this permission is allowed to "Registered Users" or as we call them, everybody.

The ad for particle board is set to Relist every month. Which appears like a bump.

Without some extra digging, I can't explain why we see a message for the user that the thread was bumped. I suspect they just abuse the Relist/Bump terminology.

Let me know if you need more.

Jim

sapwood

New User
Roger
Also, services can be posted in a thread. It would disappear in a couple of days as much as is posted here. I don't think he would get many takers.

Although his (Frogmore's) intent may be sincere the likelihood of success is small. I stayed in Frogmore while in USMC Air Station at Beaufort . . .it's much closer to Georgia than NC.

Can't resist adding an interesting footnote :embaresse
Frogmore is a community located on Ladies Island, SC and claimed to be the home of the last practicing Warlocks in the US :yes4lo:

Roger

toolman

New User
Chad
Bumping is as Jim said Admins and Mods.. But a user can re list there ad as much as they want. I will check and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS