Another bookcase, sorry about the paint...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
image58.jpg

image64.jpg

So, I just finished up this bookcase after the oak one. I have about 16 hours in this and probably did not take the time getting a flawless finish. But it is a distressed country feel bookcase. Its was made using oak ply, poplar, ash, and cypress. I made the top from 1 inch thick poplar. The back is cypress made from three 2x4's I had in the garage. I just milled them down to 1/2 inch boards using table saw. I decided to leave the boards unpainted. The rest of the case was painted with three coats milk paint and then four coats poly. I bought the feet instead if making them to save time. I made this one for the oldest girl's bedroom and its painted white to compliment the bed frame.

Last edited:

b4man

New User
Barbara
No need to apologize for the paint, I like it. My daughter wants a bookcase and this one would fit her needs and taste. Thanks for sharing with us Chris!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
No need to apologize. That's a good use of some utility wood lying around the shop which fits the form and function that you intended.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Looks great!

Sure beats that cardboard built bookcases seen at your local Target and Walmart. :)

It will see years of service and move around with your daughter each time she relocates.

Wayne

MagGeorge

New User
George
Wonderful bookcase! Like the milk paint, gives a very nice country style with the pretty feet. I'm sure daughter likes it as well. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS