Angels for Heartstrings 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Last year I scrolled almost 200 angel ornaments for an organization called Heartstrings Infant Loss Support. Their annual Memory Walk and primary fundraiser is October 10 in Kernersville.
This organization helps parents who have lost infants up to a year old. They were life savers for my daughter and me two years ago.

I have designed a new angel for this years walk. I used resawn cherry, maple, walnut and birch that Rick DinNardo @ the Woodworking Source so generously donated last year. I have some left and plan to use the rest of it on this years project.

If any scrollers want to participate in making some angels I'd be thrilled to have the help. I can send a plan via email or there is one in my gallery. The actual size is 4 7/8 X 3 1/8 on 1/4 inch thick solid wood. CSkipper has already started her batch!!!

Barbara

DSC00104.JPG

View image in gallery

Last edited by a moderator:

cskipper

Cathy
I think she needs several hundred. I am cutting mine out of plywood. Barbara said she could paint/finish them.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Barb,

While I don't do much scrolling unless I have to, I sincerely applaud your efforts. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Mike

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks Guys! I'm so touched and appreciate your support. For me it's a labor of Love. Every angel I scrolled represented a little angel gone on. The families who received them were so thankful not only for the ornament but the thought that someone cared enough about their baby to remember them in this way.

Dan, Scott and Robert, I'll email you the pattern. Mike, you do so much for other good causes I'll scroll yours for you! Reg, you too give far more than you ever take so I'll go ahead and scroll yours as a down payment for the cypress you gave me!

Again, thank you all so much.

Barbara

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Folks you do not need to be a scroller to help this cause. You can donate wood, help with finishing, offer to PE angels/wood or even donate another project to their fund raise.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
What a wonderful gesture. You all are the best. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I've never scrolled, but if I can help in another way, let me know. :icon_thum

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Barbara this is a super thing for a good cause.
My scrolling "skills" are in their incipient stage ( read that I mean well but....)
anyone close working on this that I can offer some wood and supplies to, let me know.

b4man

New User
Barbara
@ Mark and Cathy, I'll email you the pattern and thank you:wsmile:

Andrew, I appreciate your offer too! PM sent.

As a reminder to anyone interested in scrolling the angel, please email me via my contact info here and I'll email the pattern to you. I can't seem to paste it to a PM or even your email via NCWW.

You all are so amazing.

Barbara

sawduster

New User
Robert
Just FYI , I had much better success downloading the pattern from Barb's gallery
Barb the copy you e-mailed me came as a Firefox page that just turned into numbers and symbols and gobblety-gook when I tried to save it and then open it :dontknow:
When I copied it from your gallery it saved as a JPEG and i have had no problem working with it :icon_thum

b4man

New User
Barbara
@Robert,
Funny about coming as Firefox img 'cause I use Safari w/ Mac! ? Glad you were able to get it tho and I didn't realize it was downloadable from my gallery, so thanks for that info:icon_thum

Barbara

sawduster

New User
Robert
@Robert,
Funny about coming as Firefox img 'cause I use Safari w/ Mac! ? Glad you were able to get it tho and I didn't realize it was downloadable from my gallery, so thanks for that info:icon_thum

Barbara

Now it makes sense .........my browser did the converting :eusa_thin

Anyhoo ....right click " save image as " and you're all set :icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanks to all of the talented scrollers here for carrying out the mission of NCWW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS