...and now for something completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I have always wanted to try some " natural edge " scrolling and thanx to the generosity of Tracy and some free cedar I finally got the chance
The design is mine loosely based on a piece of Dover clip art

peacock2.jpg

This was a very fun and satisfying project. It was a nice challenge lookin for the design in the grain and making the pattern to fit . Look for more of the same as I also scored some nice cedar from Rod on the last lumber run :icon_thum

Thanx for lookin :mrgreen:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Robert, that is GREAT!!!! Having watched the Monty Python movie by that name just the other night, I did open this thread with some trepidation... :rofl:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I see the bird, but with a bit of imagination, I can also see a stomping foot in the larger pattern :)

Very nice work Robert - you have definitely shown you know the 'rules' AND how to break 'em. I think it's called art! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hook

New User
Gregory
I think you got sunshine on a rainy afternoon! Kewl way to use the wood for the sun and peacock.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Robert, that is awesome, glad you could get some use out of the cedar.:wink_smil

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Now that is what I call letting the wood speak to you....and listening to it :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Bro, once again you deliver something unique! :icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Awewome, dude! You are one talented individual.

Keep on keepin' on!

:wsmile:

Rod

New User
Rod
Robert,
Another incredible piece! I can't wait to see some more!!!

I might want to commission you for a piece in the future. I don't know the cost...maybe I could trade you some wood for one.
Rod

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just think a year ago you only knew how to scroll on plywood. Bro you get more impressive with every piece. You are truly gifted my friend.

cskipper

Cathy
That's pretty cool. Andy (CaptnA) his wife and I found a goose in one of the boards. Good use of mother nature's art.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
That is a great idea. I have never thought of that, or seen anything like that before. I mave have to give that a try someday.

DavidF

New User
David
Speechless! that is a wonderful piece of art - get to a gallery with it and see what they say.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOW, that is way cool!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Working with what mother nature already provided as a canvas, you have taken that piece of fine looking cedar way over the top, Robert!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Fantastic piece!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors