An overdue gloat and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
When I was last at Charlie's, we got on the subject of "old junk lying around" and Charlie showed me the museum in his crawlspace. I was admiring some old planes and he told me to take one if I thought I could put it to use. First this for Charlie - :eusa_clap - and this for me - :eusa_danc. It did have decades of dust and rust, but under the rust I found a Sheffield steel blade with most of its life left and a very functional plane. I have only cleaned it up to user standards; if I spent some time on it, it could look really nice. You can see some of the grain in the picture.

Click on the thumbnail for medium res, or below for high res:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/jointerplane.JPGhttp://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/jointerplane.JPG

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sweet, she looks pretty awsome. Got any shots of the sole?

BTW, not that you were intending to, but that little tabletop workmate is cool too. I have one that seems to find its way into action quite often. For irony sake, i like to mount it on my full sized workmate.

Jim

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Sweet, she looks pretty awsome. Got any shots of the sole?

BTW, not that you were intending to, but that little tabletop workmate is cool too. I have one that seems to find its way into action quite often. For irony sake, i like to mount it on my full sized workmate.

Jim

I will have to get some more pics. It's in good shape. It doesn't rock on my saw table (old iron - it's flat) and I don't sight any gaps.

Yeah, I love the little workmate. It's on the floor because I moved it out of the way to work on something else. That's something I like about it more than my regular one. My regular one keeps turning into a table and always has something on it when I want to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS