An itty bitty wood gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
A friend of mine took down two pecan trees down here in Tampa and gave it all to me.The largest Dia is about 18" I'm goin back over to his place an get the stumps in a week or so,they look like they will have some real nice figure to em.Hope to get a few little bowls and things out of it,if i'm lucky. :gar-Bi

HLW

Harold
User
Ken,Just turn bowls with that stuff.Please don't try making pies out of it. It won't work !!!::rotflm

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ken,

Nice snag. Congrats.

Any time anybody around here takes a tree down, it always turns out to be a Loblolly Pine... not much good for fine furniture making.

Don't forget to post some photos of the bowls, etc after you get them back off the wood spinning thingie.

Dragon

New User
David
Nice score!:icon_thum Hey, why not take one or two of the larger sized logs and make yerself a cool end table?

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Ken,
Looks lik a great score. If you have any scraps say 1" by 1" by 12" I would like to try some strikers for my turkey calls out of it. I have heard it is called peaconcrete when it is dry.:gar-Bi
Jack

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Thanks folks,I'll be bringing as much as I can with me when I head back north around the 1st week of April.How about one of those logs Jack,think they would work for ya:gar-La; I'll fix ya up there,no worries.:thumbs_up

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Nice Gloatage Ken~!

The pecan I have turned so far, I just love the smell of the wood shavings while turning. And my bowls did warp. The second one not so much, because I turned it down, then waited a few weeks and turned the rest.

Very Fun to turn and very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS