Amazing tool cabinet

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was at the NC History Center in New Bern yesterday doing a demonstration on the use of hand planes to make custom moldings. This was part of the SAPFM (Society of American Period Furniture Makers) annual meeting being held there this weekend. A number of us brought items to display.

John is a member from New Bern and was doing the demo before mine on making Shaker boxes. He brought his tool cabinet in for display, along with all the tools. He described it as "Studley inspired," to which I agree. Amazing craftsmanship! Each half is about 7"-8" deep and has multiple layers. The sections you see with smaller tools are on inner doors that also open to reveal yet more tools. Some of the planes (not fully seen) and other tools are works of art in themselves.

IMG_3850.JPG

Last edited:

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That’s lovely piece of work. I’m sorry I couldn’t make trip this year. I do hope I’m in a position to go where ever the next one is.

Hjanes

Harlan
User
Studley would approve. Couldn't make the meeting this year. Would loved to have seen this up close. Kudos.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Looks great, but I think he should have left room for another spokeshave…’cause, I don’t think he has enough of them!🤣

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think John had this at the Klingspor event in 2017 or 2018 (Or someone else was just as much of a glutton for punishment!) - as Jim (@creasman) knows these are even more beautiful in person!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS