Airing my dirty laundry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
I'm starting to make some shelves and cabinets for our bedroom closet, and decided to start small, with a laundry hamper. It's Peruvian walnut and zebrawood veneer, finished with polyurethane. If you've never worked with P. walnut, it's very nice. The rest of the install will just be oak and oak ply.

DSC02033.JPG

PChristy

New User
Phillip
WOW! That is one nice looking hamper - can't wait to see what the other pieces look like WOW!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow, All that for Dirty Clothes.

That is amazing~! Did you resaw the Zebrawood yourself, or is it just veneer you bought? And what did you apply it to?

Very Very Beautiful~!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I'm starting to make some shelves and cabinets for our bedroom closet, and decided to start small, with a laundry hamper. It's Peruvian walnut and zebrawood veneer, finished with polyurethane. If you've never worked with P. walnut, it's very nice. The rest of the install will just be oak and oak ply.

DSC02033.JPG

Zebrawood looks so cool doesn't it? Nice Hamper did you line it with plastic or something that will clean easy?

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
I bought the veneer on eBay, from rjfritz123. It was extremely nice, and I haven't seen anything to match since, at least at the price. I hadn't gotten my vacuum system at the time, so just used platens and clamps, gluing it to mdf. The vacuum gives much better results.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wonderful work there, Dan!:wsmile::wsmile:

You have to be the veneer king around these parts.:notworthy:

Beautiful choice of woods. A piece to be admired for many years, I would hope.

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Dude, your laundry hamper looks better than, well, any piece of furniture in my house. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

That is absolutely stunning! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Nice job Dan! love the veneered panels and the walnut is realy dark [like walnut should be] :icon_thum

decibel

New User
Patrick
:eusa_clap

WOW. I was reading clothes hamper and thought well sounds like a good idea for a project here. Then scrolled down and saw the picture and was not expecting to see something that nice. Great job. Glad my wife hasn't seen any of the great work on the board or I'd have some lofty expectations to meet :eek:ccasion1

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
OKay, now I know this is not a "top this" segement...but I am in the designing stages of the new Kitty Condo. I still am waiting to hear if I'll need permits for this danged thing...spoiled rats...er, I mean cats!

Nice work though. I was unhappy with the quality of oak ply I got from bLowes so I may be doing some glue ups here soon. Yeah, did you line it with anything? Sometimes people forget and put wet/sweaty, nasty clothes in there and they get really nasty! Oh...boy I need to take a Pepto now. :XXpuke:

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Dan,
That is a really nice hamper. The only additional requirement that would have to be included in my house wood be a set of concealed wheels to roll it into the laundry room. Course then that pretty piece of furniture would be subjected to dents and dings. NICE WORK!!!

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
The walnut came from Klingspor's. I've also gotten some very nice boards at Wall Lumber. It's a shame you can't get 8/4 Peruvian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS