Afternoon Goodwill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Yesterday afternoon an RN that works with the LOML brought her a vanity drawer that was way beyond repair to ask if I could possibly resurrect it! Evidently, her 18 YO daughter forgot to close the vanity drawer upon leaving and the door caught it.:elvis::elvis:

Poor thing must have been in a big hurry or really angry with someone.

This was all that was left of the drawer when the bag of parrts was dropped off here.....

100_1856.jpg

Those particle board drawer cases really didn't stand a chance.

I did manage to save the drawer front and here is what kept this old retiree out of mischief this afternoon...

100_1859.jpg

I did have to replace the slides. The original was beyond repair.

I was in the same hospital ward about five years ago and all of the nursing staff is great. Maybe this one little bit of goodwill will help to payback that great staff for what they do.

Now, onto projects of a little more challenge and interest.

Wayne

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
That is really nice .... you might be asked to do the rest of them. Don't be surprised when they all come in "broken by accident"

Nice work!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Good on ya, Wayne :thumbs_up The only thing that would more impress an RN is you rubbing her feet.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nice to be a superhero :) Great job on the repair Wayne.

brownbness

New User
dave
Nice save. A good heart is a great thing to have and that's what I would do, but I recall an old saying "No good deed goes unpunish". :thumbs_up

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks for all of encouraging responses.

The nurse picked up the drawer this afternoon and was thrilled with the results. A Happy Camper!:wsmile:

She did promise that they would be a little more careful of vanity drawers in the future.:wsmile:

Wayne

Good on ya, Wayne :thumbs_up The only thing that would more impress an RN is you rubbing her feet.

Tom,

That got real old pretty quick! I bought her an electric foot massager dohicky from Brookstone about 6 years ago. She swears it works better than I can do.

James Anderson Jr

New User
James
Thanks for all of encouraging responses.

The nurse picked up the drawer this afternoon and was thrilled with the results. A Happy Camper!:wsmile:

She did promise that they would be a little more careful of vanity drawers in the future.:wsmile:

Wayne

Tom,

That got real old pretty quick! I bought her an electric foot massager dohicky from Brookstone about 6 years ago. She swears it works better than I can do.
Not to derail too much, but my wife convinced me to try one of those massive looking ones at some point in time; felt like the darn thing was going to crush my feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS