After cataract surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
For those of you who have had catacts removed and lenses replaced in both eyes, how long after the second eye was done were you able to get back to your woodworking?

I just had the first eye done Monday and the second will done a month later. I understand it will take a while before I realize my best vision after all this.

Thanks for sharing you experiences with this.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I went through the same drill about 12 years ago. I was back driving about 2 weeks after the second eye and was pretty much back to normal (albeit excellent vision...20/30) vision at about 4 weeks. My doctor left me with a slightly weaker right eye for reading. Distance vision is wonderful.

Good luck and just make sure you follow doctors orders.

Wayne

gritz

New User
Robert
Wear sunglasses and take an eye supplement to avoid retinal tears in a few years. They don't tell you that your natural lenses filters UV, but the new ones do not. Speaking from (bad) experience.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
It's been 5 days since the first eye. Not seeing 20/20, but the eye was dilated the day after surgery and the doc said it would stay dilated fo 5-6 days. That affects the muscles that control focusing, not just dilation. Too soon to know if I'll reach 20/20 or not. Unfortunately it will be a month between procedures because of scheduling so I'll be one-eyed until May 1 :mad:

Won't be able to drive until after both eyes are done and I know if I can see well enough without glasses. Until then LOML will have to act as my driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS