Adirondack Chairs - Halfway point.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
The Hillsborough Orange Woodworkers (HOW) Meetup has been making quite a bit of headway in our ambitious plans to group build Adirondack Chairs. Our goal is to build 6 chair/ottoman sets.

With over 200 board feet of Cypress jointed and planed, whew, we have rough cut about half of the parts now.

This has been a great project. Its been largely a success due to the amazing generousity of Woodartz.

Here are a few pics of our progress.

The Goal!

P10100191.JPG

View image in gallery

Our first planning session. Reminds me of the meetings at the Possum Lodge.....​

P10100203.JPG

View image in gallery

One of our proudest moments, the infamous inline-planers! It actually worked really great. More efficient than running them side by side. Finally, a good excuse to buy a second planer :)

P101000113.JPG

View image in gallery

dpsnyder and woodartz take time out from laying out templates to ham it up for the camera!​

More fun to come soon. If you hear about a could of dust hovering over Hillsborough, rest assured its probably just us sanding!

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I tell ya, it started out as a "hey, watch this" + "i want a darwin award" and devolved into something pretty sweet!

Bob and Steve both have the same portable planer. So we got to use the portable part of Steve's, as he loaned it to the project.

When inline, you set the cut on the first one, then set a half turn on the second one. After that, its a full crank each time the board passes through.

We were doing them side by side, running two boards. But it was a lot of running around and much of the time one planer stood idle while we tweaked the other.

It really worked great. You can see Bob's wife in the background, so how bad an idea could it have been?

Jim

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Dueling planers is the most fun you can have in a cloud of sawdust :gar-La;. This has been a great project all around. Thanks to Jim for [STRIKE]herding[/STRIKE] organizing all the folks to make this happen. My lathe is starting to get lonely, so we might need dueling sanders next... anyone want to bring a couple of drum sanders over? :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors