Above ground garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I have been on here or even posted anything. The past few weeks I have been working long hours at work, working on our Garden, and putting together the Router Table. We got 180 brick for free from Beaulaville and man was that a chore. We had to dig it out of vines and dirt, plus it has lots of motar on them. Then I saw an add for brick for .15 cents each in princeton and said thats way closer and cheap and less work since there Brand NEW!
Well We have 670 brick now and will put in a 15" Raised bed inner walls 4' wide X 38' long Yeah we should have a huge garden this year. As for the wood working, I have been a slacker and will have to punish myself to the garage for a few days to get some things built.

Anyway just thought I'd update everyone. Oh and if anyone has any brick laying skills and would like to help, that would be great. I have asked a Brick Mason to give me an estimate, which I might not have enough for. So it's back to DIY of DIMS (Do it myself). :rotflm:

Welp have a good one,

Matthew and Rachel
Custom Home Audio
M&R Audio

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Masonry only requires 2 traits:
1. A strong back
2. A weak mind.

I can't do it. I'm only 50% qualified.:gar-La;

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Matthew,

Brick work is hard on the backs and the hands. I had done alot of paver work previously and wore leather work gloves out. Good luck with the garden, it's a fairly long season down here. It's good to hear that everything is going well for you guys. And don't forget pics of the garden and brick work once it's under way:lol:.

Best of Luck,
Jimmy:)

sawduster

New User
Robert
Matthew, selling brick and block at Adam's Products is what I do for a living
If you want to e-mail me at sawduster6996@yahoo.com I will be glad to help you with a take-off so you can figure your materials, cost , etc.
Heck I might can even help you find a good and reasonable mason too.
Lot's of them looking for work these days ( unfortunately )
Feel free to write if I can be any help at all :icon_thum

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Matthew, selling brick and block at Adam's Products is what I do for a living
If you want to e-mail me at sawduster6996@yahoo.com I will be glad to help you with a take-off so you can figure your materials, cost , etc.
Heck I might can even help you find a good and reasonable mason too.
Lot's of them looking for work these days ( unfortunately )
Feel free to write if I can be any help at all :icon_thum

Thanks Robert,:icon_thum

For the willingness to help with your services and or finding those to help. I emailed you with more info. Waiting to hear back.

Oh and thanks for the comments everyone else they sure
are funny.:rotflm:

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio
M&R Audio

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That's a lot of brick! I've found that you need to work with stone (brick, blocks, ceramic tile, gravel etc.) at least once in your life. After that, the price professionals charge suddenly seems VERY reasonable :)

If you are going to put them in yourself, get KNEE PADS. Buy the best, most comfortable knee pads you can find. And don't forget to buy tools with the money you're "saving" :tool:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I wouldn't get rid of that wall, it's a great snowball fort wall. You hide behind it and bomb people with the piles .....of....snowballs.....that...you've....saved up... I forgot we're in eastern NC. Oh well forget it !:lol:

Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS