A Small gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkW

New User
Mark
Well my DC came in Friday and I could not wait to get it set up, so I put the projects on hold and started in.

Assembly was a piece of cake ( probably due to having been through 2 kids and their christmas gifts )
I placed it beside a window where I keep an exaust fan running hoping that any small dust it expelled may be caught up and ejected.
http://ncwoodworker.net/gallery/files/5/5/0/DustCollector.jpg

I also went ahead and started the plumbing also. It went smoothly with only a few close calls on the ladder.
http://ncwoodworker.net/gallery/files/5/5/0/DCPlumbing.jpg

I had not installed all the blast gates yet, but I had to give it a try so I just plugged off the unused ports and used the joiner on a couple boards. The results were much better than I would have thought given that I only used 4" pipe. I was able to grab the DWV pipe and fittings at the local Lowe's. They had a much better selection than the BORG in my area.

I realize that as far as tools go this is at the lower end of gloats, but I am sure looking forward to a cleaner shop.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice lookin' plumbing there, Mark!:eusa_clap Being a newbie, I can't identify which model of Delta DC that is. Do you have anymore details regarding the unit?

Thanks and nice pics by the way!

Wayne

MarkW

New User
Mark
OOPS, I knew I missed something. The unit is a Delta 50-850 I got from Amazon for about 211.00 after the specials. It is a 1.5hp unit with a 5 micron felt bag (the description still shows 30 micron, but is incorrect)

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
YOU SUCK!!!!! that's no small gloat! Dust collection is probably the most important tool in your shop! Congrats....

sapwood

New User
Roger
Gotta give you a double gloat on this one! Setting up all that nice ductwork had to be tougher than hanging a bag on the DC :mrgreen:

Nice job,
Sapwood

M

McRabbet

Mark,

Good job with the new unit. I'd recommend that you buy one of these remote control switches to save you steps across the shop. If your new Delta requires 220V, check their model H5397. I have one and they work the nuts. Don't know how you have connected your PVC, but I recommend you don't glue the joints together, just use HVAC tape to secure them. And yes, you SUCK!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS