A Low-cost Carbide Saw Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I was one of several NCWW.net members who went to the Greensboro Woodworking Expo and one booth I visited was the Union Grove Saw & Knife Co., a small NC saw blade service firm. They featured a very inexpensive line of imported "no brand name" carbide circular saw blades in selected 10 and 12-inch sizes. I bought a 10-inch 80-tooth ATB blade to replace a poor performing Black & Decker 60-tooth ATB Piranha blade I had on my Delta Miter Saw.

1) 2) 3) 4)

1) Here's my Delta 10" miter saw with the old Piranha 60-tooth blade -- a clear shift in the blade during the initial cut (opposite the red insert) into some 3/4" birch hardwood results in an uneven cut;

2) The supplier of the new blade;

3) The blade in its protective plastic wrap -- no markings on the outside, but check the gnarly carbide teeth on this baby -- for just $24!

4) The results -- a cleaner cut on the same piece of birch.

Not as clean as my 40-tooth Forrest Woodworker II, but a good bargain at $24. 12-inch blades were under $30.

Woodguy bought a 12-inch blade and promised a review, too.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
believe it or not, but I bought an 80 tooth no name saw blade (10") from BIG LOTS, for 8.99, and it has cut beautifully for me for about a month now. It prolly won't last as long, but that was a pretty decent bargain too

woodguy1975

New User
John
b4man said:
Thanks Rob, how can we order one? Is the company in Union Grove?

Barbara, call the number on the card Rob took a picture of. They should be able to help you out. I will review my 12" blade sometime soon. I'll compare it to my current Schemacher Blade.

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS