A little late - but short notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
I know it's a little late but I wasn't even thinking of doing another one of these until a woman approached our table at breakfast last Tuesday (while we were discussing how we would run the world) (telephone retirees do that on a regular basis) and ask if I was the one that did woodworking portraits and scrollsaw work. Never saw the lady before in my life (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). This is what she would like me to make for her.

The only one of these I had ever done before is in SC at my son's in-laws. His Mother-in-Law was diagnosed with in-operable cancer and the last time they were up for a visit I gave it to her because she liked it so much.

Anyway... Cedar and oak. Note to self!... never do a fret out of cedar without using a backer board. The grain is very fragile.

Last edited by a moderator:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is an incredible project and the subject is the best!!!!! Great work.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great work, Mike!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I am sure that it will be treasured for a very long time.

Very nice work!:):):)

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy
Excellent work - especially without using a backer for the cedar. DAMHIKT :BangHead: How thick is your stock? It looks like your wood is about 1/2" thick. Thanks for sharing.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great job, Mike! I don't know how you scrollers have the patience to do such detailed work. I know your customer will be glad you do!

alleng

New User
allen
that looks realy good,i cant imagine getting that detail so perfect! my hats off to ya:icon_thum

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Great job, Mike! I don't know how you scrollers have the patience to do such detailed work. I know your customer will be glad you do!

One word.... drugs! :tinysmile_tongue_t: In my years of wood working (which comes to about 50) I went through 3 different scroll saws until I learned one thing ... patience (and that wasn't until my 60 th birthday). After 60 you realize you aren't going anywhere real fast so slow down and take your time. Altough I still don't buy green bananas..... :wsmile:

J

jeff...

One word.... drugs! :tinysmile_tongue_t: In my years of wood working (which comes to about 50) I went through 3 different scroll saws until I learned one thing ... patience (and that wasn't until my 60 th birthday). After 60 you realize you aren't going anywhere real fast so slow down and take your time. Altough I still don't buy green bananas..... :wsmile:

:)

Nice work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS