A Final Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_LA

New User
John Lach
As some of you may know one of my sisters was tragically killed a week ago today in a car accident. Since it was her wish to be cremated I decided to make a box to be used to place her ashes in for their final rest. Here are the pics of the box. I plan on giving it to her husband on Tuesday.

chris_3.JPG

chris_2.JPG

chris_1.JPG

John

Toddler

New User
Todd
No words are worthy John,
But I am very sorry for your loss and think your latest gift to your sister is truly a beautiful labor of love.
Todd

DaveO

New User
DaveO
John, my most sincere condolences on the loss of your sister. I am sure that has been very difficult time for all involved. Your box is stunning, and a beautiful final resting place for your sisters remains. I am sure that her husband will greatly appreciate the tribute.
Dave:)

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
John,
I'm moved beyond belief. It's said words can't ease the pain when you lose a loved one, but knowing she'll rest in a place created from your hands, warms the heart. God bless, Jim

M

McRabbet

My condolences to you and your family for this tragic loss -- But you made a beautiful tribute to your sister and family ... Well done...

Rob

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
John, I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the number of tears that have fallen on your craftmanship...that had to have been a difficult thing to make! But, I know you will always feel some happiness knowing that you were able to honor her in such a special way!

I hope that you and the families affected by this trajedy all find a way of honoring and remembering her life and are able to work through this difficult time. I lost my sister in a car accident a number of years ago. The only thing that pulled me through was God's shoulder. I leaned on it a lot. You will be in my prayers and I hope that you will find comfort in Him.

Regards,
Chris Mathes

b4man

New User
Barbara
John, thank you for sharing your experience and the beautiful tribute to your sister. There is no finer gift than that from the heart expressed through the hands. May you and your family find comfort in her memory.

cskipper

Cathy
John, I can't imagine the grief you and and your family are going through, but hopefully it helps to have the support of friends and many prayers. I'm sure that your sister would be very moved by your last official gift to her.

John_LA

New User
John Lach
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They are very much appreciated by me and my family.

John

Littlejon

New User
Jon
John - Truly sorry for your loss. I am sure this is a painful time for you and your family. I will add you all to my prayers.

The box is beautiful and I am sure it is even more so to your loved ones who know the amount of love and pain involved in making such a gift.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
John,

I'm very sorry for your loss, but your tribute to your sister is a warm and wonderful gift. I know she will be in your thoughts. God Bless.

Dan C.

skeeter

New User
Charles
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I just lost my father 1/17 so I know what you are going through. Getting back into the shop to work and think was good therapy for me, though I didn't make anything as meaningful as your box at the time. Nice work!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
John,

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Both the craftsmanship and the sentiment of your gift are beautiful.

Ray

Jay

New User
Jay
That is truly a beautiful box. I am sure it will be much appreciated by your brother in law. You did an outstanding job in your labor of love. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors