86 Degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
86 degrees - that was the temperature in my shop this morning at 6:45. I said to myself "self, get an early start today and beat the heat"!. Turned on the fan, turned on the a/c, turned on the air cleaner and started working. About an hour later looked at the thermometer and realized why I was soaking wet. Temp had gone down to 85!! I went back to the house and told LOML it was too hot. She just smiled.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Sorry guys. Sitting next to Lake Michigan, having Smoked Coho and a few Leinenkugel's Honey Wheats. 76 with a 50 degree dewpoint. Have to put on a longsleeve shirt after the sun goes down. Wish CLT could have more than 4 days a year like this.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Since I didn't have a thermometer for the shop, I don't know what it has been in there other than blazing hot :kamahlitu:kamahlitu:kamahlitu Saturday my wife wanted to go thrift store shopping and we ended up in Raleigh. Stopped at HF and I picked up a digital thermometer / hygrometer. Tomorrow I'll be able to see at what temp I am roasting and whether I need to add some water to the pot or not :gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La; When it gets to 120 or more, I gonna be duckin and runnin. I suspect it has been higher than that but didn't have any way to prove it until now. I have had it sitting under our digital AC controller and the temps are within .5 degrees so I think it will work for the shop.

Mike

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
<insufferable comment about having a air conditioned basement shop here>

ehpoole

Ethan
I don't know what you all are complaining about, my shop was 76F this morning and afternoon. Decided that was much too hot, so now it is 72F.

Maybe you all just need to think cooler thoughts... or perhaps the A/C had something to do with it... Either way I'm happy... :rotflm:
I finally finished repairing an old oak banker's vertical filing cabinet for my mother (lots of seperated glue joints and split wood had to be repaired/replaced). Now I'm off to begin building a work center/storage center for my new Powermatic 701 mortiser -- it needs a proper home so I spent the afternoon designing its home-to-be in TurboCAD.

I wish you all the best, with my meds I would not last more than 10-15 minutes in an 86F shop!

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Bas you is terrible!!!!!! Poole You mean I have to lower my a/c down from 74 to 71 to beat your place???????? For shame!!!!!! :gar-La;
I do apologize to those who do not have a/c cause i been there done that and I understand HOWEVER that is why I DO have it now :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
+1 on how did anyone survive in this heat before AC?

I lived in Phoenix one summer and at the time I was using a bicycle for primary transportation (work included). Somehow I managed to get through the 125F days and the 100F nights. It surely helped that I was younger at the time. It didn't take me long to realize that summer in Arizona is like winter in New Jersey (where I grew up) - the way people dealt with the worst seasonal weather was to just stay indoors and do less - that simple.

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
It all depended on where I lived at the time (Passaic, Bergen or NYC) and which direction I was coming from...14, 15, 16E, 16W, 17, 17E, 18E, 18W or the north end. For a few years I drove professionally up and down Jersey and most of the time it was more like 'what parking lot'.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS