8 stitches later

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
I went down to the shop today to wind up the long weekend with some lathe time, but ended up in the ER. Suckage!!:tongue2: I was just going to roughout a small bowl, but when I went down I noticed the Gent Saw that I pulled the blade out of the other day and decided to fix it. While trying to slide the blade back in my hand slipped or something and I slit open the top of my index finger.:BangHead: A quick(yeah right) trip to the ER and 8 sticthes later all is well. All be careful even the most mundane things can lead to an accident.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
I had a hack saw attack me many years ago, it is amazing how much damage we can do to ourselves with a hand saw!!! Hope your finger heals quick!

Regards,

Bill

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Got a lot of cuts from hand saws :elvis:
But never any that bad.
They can get you in a heartbeat.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Sorry to hear that Gary - A coping saw got my thumb one time - not enough for stitches tho but man did it bleed

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Gary, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. It's true, even the most mundane things can get ya. Here's to a speedy recovery. :icon_thum

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
You gotta watch those hand saws they have a mind of their own sometimes. Kinda like when I was about 17 and hit a tree with my first car (73 Nova). My dad asked me what happen and I said a tree walked right out into the road in front of me and I hit it. Truth be known my mind was not on the road, but it was on who was sitting next to me :rolleyes:. So the moral of the story here is, always pay attention to what your doing and not on something or someone else... focus young padawan :)

Heal quickly so you can turn a bowl or something and I can give you a hard time :gar-La;.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Ouchy!

Most if not all my cut fingers have been with sharp hand tools, chisels, marking knives, and razor knives.

I think it may due to the fact that they seem innocous enough (not spinning at high rpms), hence not as much concentration paid. Then......wham, err...sliiiiiice.

Good luck on the healing front, stay safe!

M

bwat

New User
Bill
Hope you heal quickly. I've often found it takes a scare to REALLY appreciate the safety requirements necessary for safe tool use.

I mark every project with a bit of my DNA!:gar-La;

cpw

New User
Charles
I guess this is not really a "No pics, didn't happen" situation, huh? I hope you heal quickly and that there is no permanent damage.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Sorry about your misfortune, Gary. Hope it heals quickly so you can get back to makin' sawdust!:icon_thum

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Gary, I know about those "quick" trips to the ER. Glad it wasn't any worse than it is. Heal quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS