$500 Table saws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slotman

New User
Roger
I have the PORTER-CABLE saw & am very happy with it. My main reason for buying it over the Rigid was availability at the time. :icon_thum

boyzwithboardz

New User
john
hi, I am new to the forum and saw this thread that struck home. I too have a craftsman contractor saw that is about to blow up and want to upgrade. i have an opportunity to buy a PM 66, 2HP (new motor and switch) for 950 or a PM 64A with the full extension wing for 650. I'd have to run a line for the 66 or just plug in the 64A (it certainly is easier to move). I'm a weekend hobyist but things could change. i'd be curious to get the group's thoughts on best value

MikeCSmith

New User
Mike
I think there are a lot of good contractor saws out there in the 'used' market for a very inexpensive cost. ($150 or less for a good old contractor saw). You might not be able to get one right away, but I would not thinkk it would take too long to find something.

I used a hybrid Ryobi saw for years, while I saved up for a good cabinet saw. For me, this worked out well. I would not do without a saw, but I'm not sure I would spend $500 for an interim saw. (Hey, it's just what worked for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS