5/8" thick MDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Anyone know other possible suppliers in the Raleigh area? Lowes and Home depot dont carry it.

I had one heck of a time on the phone trying to explain what I needed at Lowes, the guy kept saying we only carry it in 4x8 :BangHead:
I want to experiment with veneered cabinet doors, 1/2" is too thin, and 3/4" seems too thick :gar-Bi

the hardwoodstore has it but don't wanna run out there for just one sheet.

thnx

Last edited:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Someone posted recently about this place. Pretty close to you. Call and see if they have it. No web site that I can find.

Jackson International
6017 S NC 55 Highway
Fuquay Varina, NC27526-7919

(919) 577-9994

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
ah, sorry, i meant 1/2, not 1/4" in my original post. 1/2" is cutting it to close because euro hinges need almost 1/2" thickness for the round part.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
thanks, ill call em tomorrow

Someone posted recently about this place. Pretty close to you. Call and see if they have it. No web site that I can find.

Jackson International
6017 S NC 55 Highway
Fuquay Varina, NC27526-7919

(919) 577-9994

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Wurth, (aka Raleigh Hardwoods) on Poole Rd. Item # 5848MDFP in 4 X 8 size. Item # 5858MDFP in 5 X 8 size. Hardwood Store delivers to Raleigh area for about $35.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Actual charge for delivery is $39, but that's about 35. I've had them deliver a couple of times and it worked well. That's about what gas costs to Gibsonville and back in the wife's truck so it's a pretty good deal unless you want to pick and choose the wood.

They have certain days for certain areas of Raleigh-Durham. Cary is a Tuesday delivery, not sure if Holly Springs would be the same day or not.

Did you check that new place in North Raleigh, Anchor Hardwoods?

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS