$30 for New Belt Sander

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Well -- after cashing in, that is.... Here's a picture of the newest toyl :tool:in my shop, a Porter-Cable 3" x 21" 352VS Belt Sander that I picked up a Lowe's today.

100_5358.jpg

It was cheaper at Lowe's than on Amazon.com at $169 and I got it for lots less, thanks to a nice Gift Card that I got back after buying a Bosch Multiple Cordless Tools Set last June -- $150 off the final price of the belt sander!

And I should add that last week I got four new (old style) Bessey 40" K-Body Clamps from our friends at Woodcraft for $99 and change... You can't have too many clamps and it brings my Bessey K-Body collection up to 14 (8 - 40's, 2 - 50's, and 4 - 24's). Oops, no pics...

sapwood

New User
Roger
:eek: $30

Savvy shopping, Rob!
But don't forget the cost for green paint you will need to color coordinate with the rest of the shop :mrgreen:

Roger

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rob, I heard the $30 model has some design issues. To keep you safe, just send it to me for proper disposal.

Nice Score!!!!

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Why are you out shopping at Lowes when you have a ClearVue installation to complete and photo-document? Are you planning to sand your 2729?

M

McRabbet

Oops, caught dawdling again! I couldn't pass up an opportunity to replace my dead Sears belt sander and I've been looking at this model since I have a fair supply of belts already. As for the ClearVue, I'm going to be back on it very soon, I promise! I've just got to clean up the shop from all of the pre-holiday activity and then I can tackle it again. And the 2729 will retain it's shining exterior!

Why are you out shopping at Lowe's when you have a ClearVue installation to complete and photo-document? Are you planning to sand your 2729?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great score, Rob!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Plenty of years of service to come in that puppy!!!

YOU ROCK!!!

Wayne

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Sweet! That is the belt sander I have! I have had mine for over 10 years and it has served me very well!

BTW- for that price, you stole it!!

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice sander. I have one, Just keep the power cord away from the sanding belt...it can't tell a rubber cord from a piece of wood. DAMHIKT.:BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS