3 months later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I posted the blank for this 3 months ago.
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10249

For some reason I decided to make a Perfect fit.
Probably because I wanted to see how small I could turn the glue up.
I found out I can't turn it this small but will work fine for a larger pen.
Finishing gave me fits, one reason why it is being posted 3 months after I finished the blank.
It has enough "issues" and time invested that I won't sell it.
I have never had a really nice pen of my own.
Even with its' flaws I think I will keep this one.
ebony_aluminum_perfct_fit.jpg

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Now that's just CLASSY!!! All your pens are so fantastic is getting old giving the NPGJ comments when you blow my mind with each of your unique and outstanding designs. This pen has more than shock value, it's just plain classy, the inlays fit so well with the plating, it's not too busy or flashy. It's just a sharp looking pen. You should keep it for yourself, not because it's flawed in your mind :roll:, but because you should have a classy pen to write with.
Nice pen, good job :lol::lol:

Dave:)

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Eagle,

I am not going to even say it, because I have said it each time you post pics.

Oh what the H---!!

Your pieces are awesome!!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Huh?
Which ones do you sell,the klinkers?:tinysmile_cry_t2:

Heck if you don't sell some of what you make you will have to pay for a storage unit and that can get expensive. :)

"Dear, we already have 2 sofa tables and only one sofa. What are we going to do with a third table?"

"But dear. They are so much fun to make!!!!!"

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
There are issued with this particular pen that put in the "unsaleable category"
It is far from a "klinkner"
What the picture does not show is the tear out near the nib.
It has been filled with CA but the brass tube shows in spots.
Mostly it is because of the small diameter at the nib end. That would not be an issue in a larger barreled pen such as a fountain pen or roller ball.
The other reason I won't sell this is because no one would pay for the amount of time invested in this design as a "twist pen"
Making the blank alone is about three hours(how much do you pay yourself for shop time)
Turning a blank like this can take as many hors also.
So without even starting to sand or apply a finish I have 6 hours invested in this beauty.
I can't afford my "sellable" pens but since I know the guy who made this one I got a heck of a deal.:icon_thum
(add in)
This blank initially started out as experiment to see if I could "inlay a wood and aluminum inlay overcutting another inlay without tearing up the original inlay"
I will never put a twist pen in another blank like this because of the nib diameter.
I will continue with this concept in other designs.
This design originally started as a wood "parallel wave". I made the first one early this spring

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS