2018 NCWW Raffle Tickets On Sale - Drawing at Picnic on May 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
The 2018 North Carolina Woodworker Raffle is here! Tickets are $5 each and can be purchased by clicking the Raffle Banner towards the top of the page or by clicking the link below. Winners will be drawn at the annual picnic on May 19th. This should be a good raffle, donations have started rolling in and will likely continue to do so until the end of the month. We will announce prizes as we become aware of them and as time permits. Thank you to all of our corporate sponsors. More prizes to come!

You do *NOT* need to be present at the picnic to win. Winner's will be notified by e-mail.
Link for ticket purchases: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/purchase_raffle_tickets.php

1) Hilti 3-Tool Cordless Drill/Driver Kit - $299 - Donated by Hilti
Hilti.jpg

2) Transtint Dye 6-Pack - $125 - Donated by Homestead Finishing Products (Jeff Jewitt)
20180301_183252.jpg

3) Whiteside Router Bit Set (1/2" 401) - $110.25 - Donated by Whiteside
20180301_183439.jpg

20180301_183507.jpg

4) Best Fence Pro 2 - $599 - Donated by Fast Cap
bestfence.jpg

5) SawStop PCS 36" T-Glide - $2899 - Donated by Klingspor
sawstop.jpg

6) Eizzy Bar Pro - $99 - Donated by ClearVue Cyclone
Eizzybar2.jpg

Eizzybar.jpg

7) Wood Magazine on USB - $149.95 - Donated by Wood Magazine
WoodMag.jpg

8) Bell Forest $100 Gift Card - $100 - Donated by Bell Forest Products
bellforrest.png

9) Byrd Shelix Spiral Cutterhead for Benchtop Planer - $500 - Donated by Byrd Shelix
Models: Dewalt DW-733 or 734 or 735; the Ridgid R4330 or TP1300 or R4331; or the Delta 22-540 or 22-560 or 22-580 or 22-590.
byrd.jpg

10) Fuji 2202 semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System - $425 - Donated by Fuji Spray
fuji_spray_system.jpg

11) Lie Nielsen Bronze Edge Plane (LN 95-RT) - $150 - Donated by Lie Nielsen
LN_11.jpg

LN_21.jpg

12) Festool CT 26 E HEPA Dust Extractor with Bluetooth Module & Remote and 18V 5.2AH Li-Ion Battery - $920 - Donated Festool
festool_vac.jpg

festool-bluetooth-vac-remote-control.jpg

festool_battery.jpg

13) Worksharp WS3000 - $249.95 - Donated Worksharp
worksharp2.jpg

14,15) Qty=2 Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets - $49.95 each (2 Sets Total - 1 single prize shown in picture) - Donated Bad Axe Saws
BHStudio.jpg

16,17) Hamilton Woodworks 4" and 6" Marking Gauges - Donated by Hamilton Woodworks
20180317_122359.jpg

18) Mary May Carving Bundle - $154 - Donated by Mary May
20180321_220931.jpg

19) Turning Tools (Rougher, Finisher, Detailer) - $94 - Donated by NC Woodturning Tools
20180317_124654.jpg

20-23) Qty=4 Super Nova 2 Chucks - $134.95/each ($539.80 Total) - Donated by Teknatool
super_nova2.jpg

super_nova.jpg

24) 45-Piece Router Bit Set #8379 - $119.95 - Donated by MLCS
mlcs_set45piece104big.jpg

25) 45-Piece Router Bit Set #8379 - $119.95 - Donated by MLCS
cabinetmaker_splash.jpg

26-37) Qty=12 Quarts of Waterlox Original Finish - $32/each ($384 Total) - Donated by Waterlox
Waterlox-Original-Satin-Finish.jpg

38) Week-long class at John C. Campbell Folk School - $630 - Donated by John C. Campbell Folk School
JCCFSLogo.jpg

39-40) Qty=2 $25 Gift Cards to Woodturners Catalog / Craft Supply - $25/each ($50 total) - Donated by Woodturners Catalog / Craft Supply
woodturnerssupply.png

41) Moving Fillister Panel Raising Plane - $125 - Donated by Ed Lebetkin
plane21.jpg

plane31.jpg

42-47) Qty=6 Old Brown Glue 20oz Bottles - $27.79 each ($166.74 Total) - Donated by Old Brown Glue
OldBrownGlue.jpg

48) Stewart MacDonald $50 Gift Certificate - $50 - Donated by Stewart MacDonald
STEWMAC-LOGO.png

49-54) General Finishes Products (Qty=6 Five-Can Sampler Packs) - $135 each ($675 Total) - Donated by General Finishes
general_finishes.png

Last edited:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tickets are so easy to buy. I just bought some and it took less than one minute and I received my ticket numbers via email just a few minutes after.

That Hilti set sure looks nice

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is really just a teaser. There are many more prizes we're working on including a very special grand prize. I can't give more details as I don't want to step on Jeremy's efforts to provide more info, but you will not be disappointed with our grand prize this year. I hope I will win it myself.

Looks like Jeremy added the grand prize to the list - A SawStop PCS.

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bought my first batch of tickets. Looking towards another great outing again this year!

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Looks like another great slate of NCWW Annual Picnic prizes is developing, courtesy of Jeremy and company! I have the Klingspor version of the Whiteside router bit set and can confirm it is a very good assortment. Gotta go . . . . . on the way to get my credit card so I can win a few:gar-Bi

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Buying tickets is easier than falling out of bed! If I can buy a ticket on line, and I'm technically and vertically challenged, anybody can buy a ticket. Disclaimer here; I am buying the winning ticket for the grand prize; history indicates I am a winner, having won the Hammer 3800 15" band saw a couple years back. However, there will be so many great and valuable prizes, I'll let the rest of all y'all have some prizes too!:gar-Bi

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Per Raymond's winning strategy I just got my first batch....

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
No need for anyone else to buy tickets for anything other than pure donations. I just bought all the winning numbers.:D

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I predict that this will be the most successful NCWW drawing ever, for both winners and NCWW! :gar-Bi

Now, buy those tickets so I will not be proved wrong!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Just bought my FIRST block of 10! I don't expect to win anything with this first block, that lets everyone else have a fighting chance; so go ahead and buy your tickets while I am leaving the winning tickets yet to be bought. But lookout! I'll be buying the winning ticket for the Saw Stop in the next batch!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have 2 questions:
1. Can the raffle link be put in the title bar to make it even easier to buy tickets?
No -wait- if you do that it increases the odds of me winning. Never mind....... :D
2. Will the larger prizes be at the picnic or does the winner need to arrange to pick them up from the donors?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The SawStop PCS will need to be picked up at one of the Klingspor stores or arrangements made to have it shipped at the winners expense. At least that is my understanding. The pickup or delivery at the picnic will vary for the other prizes as in the past.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm in.

If someone would like to commission a statistical study on Raymond's strategy, send me a PM.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
My strategy was simple, buy tickets (lots), repeat, and repeat again! No, I am not going to say how many I bought and there were some who bought more than I did. I just happened to buy the correct amount of tickets at the right time.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I have 2 questions:
1. Can the raffle link be put in the title bar to make it even easier to buy tickets?
No -wait- if you do that it increases the odds of me winning. Never mind....... :D
2. Will the larger prizes be at the picnic or does the winner need to arrange to pick them up from the donors?

1. The easiest way to buy tickets is to click the large banner at the top of the page with Papa Smurf and rolls of raffle tickets in the image. Doesn't get much easier than that.
2. I expect that none of the prizes that are physically large will be at the picnic. Too much trouble to bring large items there, find a place for them, just to take them home if the winner isn't present.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry, but the banner doesn't show on my header main page. I was able to find it in the thread, though. May need to keep the thread at the top then.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
That is a good point. If you aren't seeing the banner, then I am sure other people are not as well. Are you viewing on a phone or PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS