2010 Picnic Committe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know it is only New Year's Eve but our 2010 May NCWW picnic will soon be upon us. We are looking for volunteers to serve on the the picnic committee. We will need folks to help with obtaining the site, coordinating food and supplies, cooking, setup, cleanup, entertainment, organizing adult activities, organizing activities for the kids, and the list goes on and on.

We have a special forum for the committee. Please respond to this thread or PM me if you would like to help and I will add you to that forum.

For the newer members, the NCWW Spring Picnic is an annual family affair. It also serves as our Corporation's annual meeting and elections. NCWW has provided the meat and members sign up to bring sides, salads, desserts, supplies, etc. Many of you are as talented as cooks as you are as woodworkers. Our spring 2010 raffle will be drawn at the event. Swap/trade/free tables are provided. We also have space to show off your talents (woodworking). In the past year great deals on lumber where to be had. We will also be trying to have some demos and maybe a special speaker. Last year we have the Freud Tools demo truck and Roy Underhill.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
As an experienced committe member from 2009 - Count me in.
You have my phone number.
Pete

Margy

New User
Margy
Do you have a date yet? We're only part-time in NC but we'd love to help. (BTW Ron is great with a smoker).

Margy

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Normally the picnic date is the Saturday after Mother's Day and that day this year May 15th. If I am correct with this day I will, sadly:cry_smile, not be able to volunteer, or attend, because my two daughters will be in a soccer tournament that Sat. and Sun..

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I haven't given up hope Dick, my kid's still really want to go again. But I'm a realist and I'll see how the ball bounces, but there would be no use of me volunteering for something if I can't be there.

The soccer tournament date isn't set in stone, but it is scheduled for the weekend of May 5th & 16th. If I really want to know what the date of the picnic is I just have to ask Andy Barnhart when his "Y" weekend is with his kids:gar-La;. He never seems to have any luck with the picnic date.

With that being said, anyone that can make the picnic should be there, and think about volunteering, it's a blast :icon_thum. A good time is had by all.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I would like to add that quite a few people worked very hard last year, especially as cooks. I would love it if more people volunteered in that area. That way people could pull short shifts and those few people that ended up doing yeoman's work would not have to miss most of the picnic fun.

BTW: This comes from my personally, those people did NOT complain about their roles. This just comes from personal observation. As it was, I was running the election.

Doug

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
FYI background. We always tried to do it before it got too warm so the end of may. If we chose Mother's day weekend, few would make it. Same of course for Memorial day weekend. SO therefore, the weekend between the two holdays.

I think we have tried both Sat and sunday and sat seems to work better.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
FYI background. We always tried to do it before it got too warm so the end of may. If we chose Mother's day weekend, few would make it. Same of course for Memorial day weekend. SO therefore, the weekend between the two holdays.

I think we have tried both Sat and sunday and sat seems to work better.

I think that Saturday works out better also, and this year there are actually two weekends between Mother's day and Memorial Day, the 15th/16th and the 22nd/23rd. But an informal poll may be needed to decide which one is used, so maybe there is still a chance :eusa_danc. I hope Andy gets a chance to go finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS