Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
What, you say? 2009 Calendars and it's only July:swoon::swoon:

Yes, we needed to start LAST month, if we want to do this right and not have a lot of wasted calendars, and thus money, like happened last year. It is time to start.

The reason for this thread is to try and figure out how many calendars will sell. Why, because, that will determine how calendar production will proceed and what your costs are to buy. Here, is the reality of the situation.

If we use CafePress again (that will depend on the anticipated sales), here is how it break down.

If your order directly from cafepress, then your cost would be $14.99 + $5.00 shipping = 19.99 shipped to you. But as I have mentioned in another thread, we need to start to do a better job of recovering costs and potentially adding a bit to offset other overhead of the site, say $2 then your cost would be $21.99

If on the other hand, I order in lots 15 at a time shipped to me and then I ship to you, the total cost would be $16.00/calendar and that includes $2.00 for the site. That is a substantial savings.

Needless to say, if we go the second route, then I would only order in Pre-sold lots of 15.

Now, if we can get Larger commitments to buy, a whole bunch of other options open up to get more pictures, more custom content, etc. And if the lots are big enough, to reduce your cost and make more money for the site.

This will be a 2 stage process. First, I will put up a poll, where you can tell me, how many calendars you think you will buy, if you are NOT a winner:gar-La; Then shortly after I start the contest. I will open up pre-paid purchasing of the calendar. Assuming, the pre-paids are large enough, they and winners will be the only people who will be guaranteed a calendar at reduced prices.

After, the calendars are available, you will be able order conditionally calendars at a reduced price assuming, the we can get enough for bulk orders.

So, just to give you a preview how this years' contest will be structured, so you'll understand what's happening. We want to increase the number of pictures. Get a wider distribution of pictures across the various disciplines, get more people to enter, and finally increase overall sales.

SO,

There will be 2 pictures on each page. Entries to the contest will be divided into ~= 8 categories with 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners in each category. Instead of my usual collection of things that I collect over the year, we want the winners to have more choice in what they do with their prize. So, within each category, the winners will get:

1st = $100
2nd =$50
3rd = $25

Also the cover winner will get $150.

That will be in the form of checks from North Carolina Woodworker, Inc. :swoon:and/or gift certs from sponsors.

So back to the original purpose. In the attached, please check the proper choices ( this isn't a purchase commitment) to give us a better idea of how many we can sell.
You can choose a number in both pre and post order cats

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
In the attached, please check the proper choices ( this isn't a purchase commitment) to give us a better idea of how many we can sell.
You can choose a number in both pre and post order cats

Never mind....I see it now!!!:slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS