Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
In the looming shadow of the mighty and tenacious DaveO , I humbly reach the 200th post mark. :mrgreen:
Thanx everyone for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful, knowledgeable and tolerable group of folks

You rock !!! :headbang:

cskipper

Cathy
Cool! Were those your entries in the Best Project 2007 Design Contest that are on page 69 of the new ScrollSaw Woodworking &Crafts?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Good for you Robert, you being part of this group has been our pleasure. You've always graced these pages with beautiful art and invited the air of camaraderie that makes this site what it is.
Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Congratulations on your 200 Robert, they've all been great posts. All posts are needed to keep this as good and informative as it is.

The next horizon is 150k total posts, we're at 128k+ now:eusa_danc.

Jimmy:)

sawduster

New User
Robert
Cool! Were those your entries in the Best Project 2007 Design Contest that are on page 69 of the new ScrollSaw Woodworking &Crafts?

I made the mag ? :swoon: they asked for higher res pics of my trowel and the moose portrait but didn't really explain why . All i know is that I didn't make the final cut .....fretwork rarely does with those folks . Did they use my name ? I haven't gotten my issue yet :tinysmile_cry_t:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I made the mag ? :swoon: they asked for higher res pics of my trowel and the moose portrait but didn't really explain why . All i know is that I didn't make the final cut .....fretwork rarely does with those folks . Did they use my name ? I haven't gotten my issue yet :tinysmile_cry_t:

Yes Bro you are published. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap U R DA MAN. Both of your designed rec'd honorable mention in the magazine. In my book you should have won a Blue Ribbon.

For those who do not know Sawduster entried a couple of his designs in contest sponsored by ScrollSaw Woodworking & Craft magazine and two of his rec'd honorable mention in the best designs for 2007.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Yes Bro you are published. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap U R DA MAN. Both of your designed rec'd honorable mention in the magazine. In my book you should have won a Blue Ribbon.
Congratulations Robert!!! Talent....tools....fame - remind me to ask for your autograph next time :)

:wav:

cskipper

Cathy
They should have sent you an extra (at least). Your name and town are on the pic's -- congratulations!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Robert,
Second congrats:eusa_clap on the magazine, the skill level that you have picked up in such a short time is amazing. You truly have the eye of an artist.

Jimmy:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That's great news, Bro. How can we see the magazine? Any online link?

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO

alleng

New User
allen
congrats on the milestone. it seems like the more i post the lower my pc gets,sometimes i think its countin backwards:wsmile:

sawduster

New User
Robert
Finally received my issue, NC Scroller gives me too much credit , but you know how friends are :icon_thum
It's actually more of an " also ran " than an honorable mention. Simply a pic of my moose portrait and my 3D trowel ( both in my gallery ) with my name and hometown underneath along with other pics of other project submissions as " highlights " of the projects that didn't quite make the top 28
I'm still excited though to have my work shown in a national magazine :mrgreen:

thanx for the kind words :thumbs_up

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Hey Duster! Congrats! I wanted to ask you what the wood was you used on the trowel and block cut?

How about that eagle headboard? The work Tom Stewart put into his "art ball" was amazing. I'm sure I wouldn't have had the patience.

My little ring box made the mag too.... amazing. Looks like next time we'll surely have to step it up a notch because of all the great work submitted to this last contest. I actually voted for Nick Berchtold's intarsia sea scape for Peoples Choice.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Hey Pop
The wood for that was a bird's eye maple turning blank I bought at Woodcraft for $1.99 a piece :eek: I bought several and have used them for many projects. It is very difficult to cut which adds to the satisfaction of the finished piece

congrats to you also ....I did not realize that box was yours ....good job :icon_thum
Yeah the headboard blew me away too, as did Plaquerds miniature instruments How that guy made that globe is beyond me . I voted for the train for People's choice
I was rather disappointed that fretwork did not place well in the contest. Mine or anyone's for that matter . I guess Intarsia just presents itself better by the very nature of the finished product
As for me, I do it for the relaxation, satisfaction , and the smiles when I give it away. kudos are nice, but not the motivating factor

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Duster... I think since there were many folks who were also disappointed that fretwork didn't make out very well in the end, they're considering making different classes for the next contest. That will appease a lot of folks but won't make a darn bit of difference in the end. I think they should spread the winnings around more and not just for the top 2-3.

When the mag came out and I noticed there were 28 pictures and they didn't match the 28 we voted for in the People Choice, I questioned that too. Shannon answered to let everyone know it wasn't just for the final 28 but a coverage of some of the best. There's supposed to be more entry pictures in future issues. That's cool... Heck there were over 200 entries, I want to see the work folks did. We saw the final 28 already.

I had a feeling that was what the wood was. I guess it's hard as a rock? Not too much of that unique wood up here to play with. That's why most of my stuff is maple, oak and walnut.

Got my first car show of the season this coming Sunday. Hope the weather gets a little warmer so I can get "Ethel" ready. Started cleaning up the old tools for display yesterday. Have to fire up the heat in the shop today... it's only about 34 right now.

cskipper

Cathy
Mike, I didn't realize that was your ring box either. Congratulations! It would be great if they would give prizes in different categories. Intarsia overwhelms, but the fret work is really great! I have to say that I do not think I'd ever get the angles right for the globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS