2 more WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Dood, those are smokin' !! :notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: How have I missed this thread ? :eek: I am purely blown away my friend ! :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Pic of first the owners nameplate design, it sits between the end of the fretboard and the bass pickup - any good or keep trying?

2012-11-27_1.jpg

Thanks

Just curious, Jeff.......How did you do the monogram (signature)?

They are really nice axes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Just curious, Jeff.......How did you do the monogram (signature)?

They are really nice axes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne

Thanks for the reply Wayne - If you buy one it'll have your name on it :)

The signature and logo are done like the big name manufacturers do theirs with water slide decal paper. No Yoda special powers needed - just bury the decal in a couple of coats of finish and it becomes permanent and practically invisible. General instructions are on the website and there are even more stuff to watch on youtube.

Last edited:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I think the finish may turn out good :) I have not started block sanding the finish yet let alone did any buffing... but I can already see my reflection in it. Someone wise member here once said it's all in the prep-work - I have to agree.

2012-12-01_1.jpg

Thanks

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
2 more WIP - One Done

The all walnut one is done

2012-12-02_1.jpg

2012-12-02_2.jpg

2012-12-02_3.jpg

Specifications
Body Type Semi-Hollow (chambered) flat top with dual bound shark fin accent holes Overall Width 13 1/4"
No. Frets 20 Jumbo
Overall Depth 1 1/4"
Scale Length 33 1/4"
Binding Ivory colored ABS - Fully bond and blocked
Neck Width at Nut 1 11/16"
Fret Marker Style Classic round white clay
Neck Width at 12th Fret 2 1/16"
Head Stock Mills Custom Guitars unique design
Fretboard Radius
10" Bridge Pre-1980’s Rickenbacker® Style
Body Wood American Black Walnut
Neck Type Through body
Neck Wood American Black Walnut
No. of Pickups 2
Fingerboard Wood American Black Walnut
Type of Pickups Mini Humbucker Chrome Tribar
Weight Appox 8.0 lbs
Output Type Mono and Stereo
Overall Length 44 1/2" Machine Heads
High Quality Shamrock Style Deluxe
Nameplate Personalized with owners name or signature
Truss Rod Dual Action (Two-Way)

Last edited:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Re: 2 more WIP - One Done

I just had to post one more pic of the back of the guitar when I was rubbing out the finish. This is perhaps my favorite picture, If it don't sell, I guess I hang it up in the bathroom and use it as a mirror :gar-La;

2012-12-02_4.jpg

So FredP, yes I really like the finish you and I were speaking of the other night (don't let the cat out of the bag though).

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

I wanted to show how truss rod adjustment works with my newly designed truss rod cover. All three screws to remove the cover are easily accessible. So it's just a matter of unscrewing the screws sliding the cover back and inserting a Allen wrench in there. No more de-tuning strings - to remove the cover - to adjust the truss rod. As a mater of fact you don't need to do anything with the strings and the truss rod cover cant fall out, so it never gets lost or stepped on and damaged. All in all adjusting the truss rod with my new truss rod cover design took about 45 seconds. Verse the other design which too almost 4 minutes. I know this sounds kind of obvious and it really is... But manufactures of this style of guitar sure make it difficult to do a simple truss rod adjustment. First you have to loosen the strings and slide them over to the sides of the neck, then remove the three screws and the truss rod cover. Then you can get in there with a Allen wrench... then you have to re-install the truss rod cover, re-tune your stings and hope that the adjustment you made was right.

2012-12-08_23-30-05_813.jpg

jholt32

New User
jolt

Your guitars could come out sounding like kazoos and still demand top dollar!! I guess I see better than I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors