1st place in the "dumbest power tool injury" category

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
It is my night off, so I should be getting some quality time in the shop. Instead I am nursing my left pinkie finger which will have no fingerprint for a while. It is somewhat embarassing to admit to injuring myself on a power tool that WAS NOT PLUGGED IN! :gar-Cr

I was moving my Shop Fox mortiser onto its new home on my new mobile boring/sharpening station (pics to come in a few weeks). I picked it up by one slide and the head, just like I did moments earlier with my baby drill press, forgetting that the head SLIDES on the slide :BangHead:. My pinkie got caught in the gear-like grooves. Yoooooouuuuuccccchhhh! I think I _almost_ made this mistake once before...apparently did not learn from it, though.

Chris

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
twas a sizable chunk too! thats gonna hurt but it will heal fairly quick.:icon_thum good to meet you BTW just wish circumstances were better.

bluthart

New User
Brian
If it makes you feel any better, I once tried catching a 4"x 13" diameter bowl blank with my face...:BangHead:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My worst shop injury was with a sheetrock knife. :BangHead: Hoping you heal up quickly.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Sorry to hear about that Chris. :tinysmile_cry_t: My worst shop injury was from the end of a pipe clamp of all things. Sounds like we get similar injuries. :eek:ccasion1 All the best to you in your recovery. :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Ouch!
Hope you have a quick recovery :icon_thum

twas a sizable chunk too! thats gonna hurt but it will heal fairly quick.:icon_thum good to meet you BTW just wish circumstances were better.

So it was Fred's fault, eh :rotflm:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS