19" Texas Cedar Elm Platter

teesquare

T
Senior User
This is one that has gone to its new home - but I miss it. 😢 😁 A 19" - IIRC... Texas Cedar Elm platter This wood is known elsewhere as Rock Elm - and it is hard. Except this piece is spalted. So it was hard and soft on the same piece of wood - adding to the challenge of turning it cleanly. It is about 1-3/8" thick.

Attachments

• Cedar Elm Platter 1.jpeg
    Cedar Elm Platter 1.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Cedar Elm Platter 2.jpeg
    Cedar Elm Platter 2.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 92
  • Cedar Elm Platter Back.jpeg
    Cedar Elm Platter Back.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 88
  • Cedar Elm Platter Edge View.jpeg
    Cedar Elm Platter Edge View.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 88

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
I really like the small detailing on the bottom. To me, it’s those little things that set something apart.

teesquare

T
Senior User
I really like the small detailing on the bottom. To me, it’s those little things that set something apart.
Thank you Will. I struggled a little with design on this one, because when the wood has so much to draw your attention....do you want to distract from that? I did not - so I thought that the detail inside the area of the foot would be a nice surprise - but not be a distraction from the front of the piece.
T

teesquare

T
Senior User
Beautiful. I can see why this one did not stick around long.
Thank you Wally. Had it been a stranger....I would have turned them down. But this one was destined to become one of those that gets handed down. So - I hope I assisted in creating a family legacy piece. :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors