Search results

1. H

MWTCA Antique/Traditional Tool Meeting January 20, 2024 in Mebane NC

MWTCA is for those that use, collect and just love antique/traditional primarily hand woodworking tools! On January 20, 2024, members and guest will gather to swap, buy, sell and fellowship with others that share this interest. (In the past, this annual meeting was held in Graham NC.) In...
  2. H

MWTCA - Mid West Tool Collectors Association Meeting on 9/16/2023 in Raleigh

Members and guests of MWTCA will be gathering in Raleigh, NC on Saturday, September 16, 2023 for what is called an Area or local meeting. It is a great time to meet others that share a love of and interest in antique/traditional primarily hand wood working tools including trading, buying and...
  3. H

Midwest Tool Collectors Association Meeting – June 24, 2023 Bethania, NC

Those chicken pot pies are worth the registration cost not to mention all the tools and a change to meet others that share an interest in using, collection and appreciating antique/traditional hand tools!! Lots of tools for sale and/or trade on a wide range of areas including a foot powered...
  4. H

Mid West Tool Collectors Association Meeting - Graham, NC January 21, 2023

Don't let the name fool you!! While we are a national antique tool group, here in NC we hold 3 meetings each year. The first in coming up on Jan 21. Most of our members are users of antique/traditional primarily hand wood working tools such as planes, chisels, foot powered machinery, etc., etc...
  5. H

Antique and Traditional Hand Wood Working Tool Meeting - MWTCA

Know this was mentioned as a part of another thread but wanted to be sure everyone was aware of this. Mid West Tool Collectors Association is a national organization with over 3000 members for those that collect, use and just appreciate antique/traditional primarily hand woodworking tools such...
  6. H

Are there any antique tool or re-purposed building supply stores or anything similar in the Raleigh area?

The reason Ed's Tool Store won't be open is he will be attending the meeting here in Raleigh!! Am going to put a new post up so this will be seen again.. Plan on having a demonstration for foot powered scroll saws and a treadle wood lathe!!
  7. H

Are there any antique tool or re-purposed building supply stores or anything similar in the Raleigh area?

If you have questions, please call or email me. We are open to those that share our interests and don't stand on formalities. :D We do need to know if you are coming and pre registration is required to speed things up on Saturday morning. No BBQ this year but PLENTY of user and collector...
  8. H

Mid West Tool Collectors Association Meeting January 18 in Graham

Hi all, Sorry for waiting to the last minute here on this. Great opportunity to meet others that use, collect and appreciate antique/traditional primarily wood working tools as well as buy some tools you just can't live without.. Great program as you can see in the attached meeting...
  9. H

Mid West Tool Collectors Association Meeting - September 21 Raleigh NC

MWTCA is for those that collect, use and just appreciate antique/traditional primarily hand wood working tools. Our upcoming meeting will be held in Raleigh NC on September 21. This is a great opportunity to be with others that share our interest, buy/sell/trade tools, have a good old NC BBQ...
  10. H

M-WTCA Meetings - NC and GA

For this meeting, we don't stand on formalities and non members can attend. The meeting will be held at the Big Barn Convention Center at the Daniel Boone complex in Hillsborough NC. Registration is $10 as a guest and begins at 8:00 am on Saturday, Jan 13. Our program will be by Brian Coe...
  11. H

M-WTCA Meetings - NC and GA

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have two local or what we call Area meetings of the Mid West Tool Collectors Association coming up in the near future. M-WTCA is for those that collect, use and just appreciate antique/traditional primarily hand woodworking tools and related. To give you...
  12. H

Estate Sale in Hillsborough This Weekend - Aug 26-27

All, Here is a link to an estate sale that looks like it has woodworking tools and other things we are interested in. https://www.estatesales.net/NC/Hillsborough/27278/1635852 FYI!! Thanks Ed
  13. H

Mid West Tool Collectors Association - Raleigh NC Meeting Sept 16

All, Think at least some of you are members or at least aware of MWTCA. For other, we are a national group of over 3800 that are for those that collect, use and just appreciate antique/traditional primarily hand wood working tools. In NC, we hold 3 meetings per year with the next one coming up...
  14. H

Thomas Day Workbench and M-WTCA

Guys, Thought some of you might like to see these two videos that are now on YouTube. One is on building a museum quality, reproduction workbench for the Thomas Day House in Milton NC. See some people that are in and around Milton that are aware of Day and what he did. Some story that needs...
  15. H

Annual Mid West Tool Collectors Raleigh Meeting

Bruce, Don't worry about a reply as the mail travels fast to us! Please send me a PM and I will send the form on to you. Thanks Ed PS.. Looking forward to having you with us. Guarentee you two things.. You won't need a jacket and you won't go away hungry!
  16. H

Annual Mid West Tool Collectors Raleigh Meeting

Hi all, Date added to initial post - sorry to have left this out - bad to get old! Not sure this is the best location for this announcement as it has been a while since I have been on so if this needs to be moved, please do so. Yes, it is that time of the year again for the July M-WTCA...
  17. H

MWTCA Meeting in Raleigh July 24th

Scott, Thanks very much for the kind words and also want to thank all those that attended. M-WTCA is much more than a group of tool collectors in the mid west as those that attended likely found out. With local flavor provided by what we call Area meetings, those attending have an...
  18. H

Mark, You can be my guest. We do require pre-registration so send me your e-mail address and I will send you a meeting announcement/registration form. Thanks Ed
  19. H

I tell people there are two misnomers about the name Mid West Tool Collectors Association. One is mid west as we have members all over the US (about 3400). To give us a local presence we local or Area meetings and NC has 4 very good ones. The other is tool collectors. We have people with...
  20. H

Foot Powered Website Up

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a foot powered website up and at least a couple of pages completed. Has taken more time than I expected and it is very much a Work in Process. I listed the link on the Links section but here it is as well www.footpoweredmachinery.com On the home...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS