Search results

1. C

Mortise chisel vs. Mortise machine vs. Mortise adpter for drill press

I have a delta drill press mortising attachment, its yours if you want to drive to lexington
  2. C

Finishing suggestions for SYP porch ceiling?

proluxe sikkens cetol srd in natural probably best. Do you have a PPG paint store nearby?
  3. C

Finishing suggestions for SYP porch ceiling?

Cant say it enough... Sikkens Cetol
  4. C

Which TS blade

probably Leitz
  5. C

Which TS blade

If its splintering on the face, put blue painters tape on the face spaced over your cut. This will mitigate splintering
  6. C

New member from Lexington

Welcome Brad from another Lexington resident
  7. C

Is it time to replace my machines?

He would also need a very experienced CAD person 😂 and programmer! Better to farm it out!
  8. C

Aligning all the kerfs is critical. Oddly enough, I saw one for sale on FB marketplace that appears to use 1/2" ply or maybe less with no Kerf cuts. It also uses the perimeter base trim to hide any sins on the bottom, this may be common practice.
  9. C

I wonder what these fasteners are? and based on material thickness of 3/4" , Im guessing the kerf cuts are about 1/2" apart and they must be at least 5/8 deep? any idea? Something Id have to test and try
  10. C

Bobs CNC Router

As others have mentioned, its a big investment in learning , AFTER you buy the machine. First, determine what youd like to do with it, I see so many CNCs on the used market that have never been turned on because people dont realize the task ahead when they buy one or even how to apply it. Once...
  11. C

If I had a call for it I would set it up......
  12. C

The way I would accomplish this is create a model (or models) based on another model. the second set would query the first for its exact dimensions. For instance, the first model is the finished outside shape desired. Now imagine if you will, creating parallel planes to the floor in your photo...
  13. C

Looking at the one you built Willem, Im wondering have you been able to look at a factory built hood? dissect it? Maybe if its 3/4 material, its built crudely, gaps filled etc , then veneered to ensure tight outside corners?
  14. C

Willem, I can create parametric hood shapes ( any shape or size or curvature ) on the fly by manipulating the control dimensions ( L X W X H and curvature control) as well as upper size ( L X W) easily. I can either CNC the shape or create a 2D dimensioned drawing of the flats . Now, I dont...
  15. C

Willem, Do you want to Kerf cut the 3/4 ply I guess? All 3 faces and miter the corners?
  16. C

Chris (@Redknife)

Sad to hear this. Getting old sucks. Prayers to his family
  17. C

How is the new Hardwood store of NC?

I was unable to attend the opening and I didnt see anything here about it?.
  18. C

New sprayer advice needed

Id never felt it to be awkward personally, but maybe thats why I have tennis elbow now.... :eek:. Looks Like Fuji offers a top mounted centered cup on the mini-mite 3 Platinum system.
  19. C

New sprayer advice needed

Does the hose have the "whip" hose? more flexible section between the gun and feed hose

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors