Search results

1. G

Turning Spruce?? And source for blanks??

Alright, I'll check those out. Thanks!
  2. The 3

The 3

PSI Chrome stopper kit, and wide blank set, BLO & CA finish
  3. Tres

Tres

4. Bocote, BLO & CA finish

Bocote, BLO & CA finish

5. Padauk, BLO & CA finish

Padauk, BLO & CA finish

6. Zebrawood, BLO & CA finish

Zebrawood, BLO & CA finish

7. All 3

All 3

8. G

Turning Spruce?? And source for blanks??

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has tried turning spruce and would have any advice? We have a lot of old spruce wood in our school woodshop because they replaced our bleachers last year and kept the wood and I was going to attempt to turn it into pens as gifts for a few teachers around...
  9. Godwin_Gals4

Godwin_Gals4

10. Godwin_Gals5close

Godwin_Gals5close

11. Beginning turnings

Beginning turnings

Second day of turning, Happy Holidays to Dad!
  12. G

14" Rigid band saw at Direct Tools (Mebane) for $260 today

Quick update on the Rigid band saw: It's still $320, but Direct Tools has a %25 off deal for everything except pressure washers and air compressors from now until Christmas. So the band saw is now $240+tax. They also had a Ryobi scroll saw for $94, model SC164VS (w/ sale for $71) and a...
  13. G

Any advice for a basic shop for a teenager?

Wow, that's kind of amazing! I'll attempt that, and see what I can find!
  14. G

Haha thanks Steve! the power to the house comes through the basement so it shouldn't be too hard to re-wire some stuff. During the summer I can leave stuff outside while finishing under a covered porch, but for winter, I'll have to separate the areas with some trash bags or something. Or just...
  15. G

I'll go with the shop vac! The vent outside would be for the ambient air, not the actual dust from the machines. And the unfinished part of the basement is where the heater and A/C are actually located, so it already has wide temp swings. Hopefully the neighbors won't see any fine dust that is...
  16. G

Thank you all for the great advice!! Here are my new plans, using what you guys have posted: Stuff I already have: Ridgid router (fixed & plunge base) A few old circular saws Jig saw Handheld belt sander A few old drills Small shop-vac Box fan with duct fan Borrowed table saw I...
  17. Fun stuff

Fun stuff

Swords for the little cousins - just to keep the Aunt and Uncle on their toes :)
  18. Fun stuff

Fun stuff

FEW Sign - green detail (with blemishes. oops)
  19. Fun stuff

Fun stuff

FEW Sign - base paint
  20. Fun stuff

Fun stuff

FEW Sign - routed

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS