Search results

1. 02blues

Treadle lathe

View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery Well...planning is just as important as the work you do so I say do rush anything. (hard for me esp toward the end...that why I LOVE to finish.. NOT) Its been a while since I worked on this but there where two main...
  2. DSC_1515

DSC_1515

3. DSC_0824

DSC_0824

4. bed post leg

bed post leg

numbered and markers mark stamp
  5. DSC_06571

DSC_06571

6. DSC_0018

DSC_0018

7. DSC_00033

DSC_00033

8. DSC_00013

DSC_00013

9. 02blues

Treadle lathe

Wow. have not been here in a while and ran across your post! #1: foot powered lathes are AWESOME! My humble opinion. Would be happy to show you mine or let you have a "spin". #2: Thanks for remembering me. #3. I made Roys Spring pole and is does a great job. 4# in order to turn my 7ft...
  10. 02blues

Christmas canes for my 83 year old parents

Thanks Mike. I agree they are a little top heavy. I was trying to keep a surface for the initials and the flat coins. The coins did not allow me to make a cylinder and the diameter determined the width. I can see how design development happens... One fun part was the use of the "golden ratio"...
  11. 02blues

Christmas canes for my 83 year old parents

Happy Holidays to all. Just finished my Christmas Canes for my 83 year old parents. There are an embarrassing number of flaws which I will not point out...:mrgreen: Walnut red-brown dye; walnut gel stain; rub on polyurethane; dark wax each has a religious medal and an old 1924 coin: could not...
  12. Christmas canes(walnut) for 83 year old parents 2010

Christmas canes(walnut) for 83 year old parents 2010

13. 02blues

Finished my bible box...

Finished my (Peter Follansbee's) bible box. Was a fun project. View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery Hope you all have a happy holiday. Cheers.:icon_thum John
  14. bible box top

bible box top

15. bible box sides

bible box sides

16. inside of bible box

inside of bible box

17. 02blues

First Christmas Ornament

Great job:icon_thum Delicate work on that stem.
  18. 02blues

Walnut Finishing ??

I love shellac. Although I have only finished mahogany and white oak I have been using a trans tint in distilled water followed by a gel stain and topped with a 1# cut of shellac then wax. I like a soft hand rubbed look. I fill a 30ml of dry seedlac shellac grind it in my shellac coffee...
  19. 02blues

Steam Bending question

Making some walnut canes. Instead of using a brass handle like the photo I was thinking about steam bending one. How does (dry) Walnut bend? View image in gallery Thanks!
  20. 02blues

update for my hand tool buds

Thanks for the comments guys. It was a lot of fun to do. Very relaxing. I enjoy a good 50/50 job... one that looks good from 50 feet and at 50 miles per hour. :icon_thum

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS