Search results

1. zapdafish

Laguna JX|8 vs. Jet JWJ-8HH Jointer

no experinece with either but Laguna CS seems to have turned around. I botched up one of my bandsaw wheels and they let me send it back to them and they fixed it. Wasn't free or cheap but they were pretty helpful and responsive.
  2. zapdafish

Clemson Tigers Sign For a Friend

I wouldn't want it known I was a Clemson Tiger fan either. :)
  3. zapdafish

What color workshop floor would you do?

I second this, found out the hard way after dropping a black set screw.
  4. zapdafish

Lumber from fb Marketplace

ive done a few one-offs and they ended up being from sawyers. Can often get really good deals if you have a jointer and planer to clean up the wood. Ive gone for around 20bd ft and come home with much more just because they are willing to deal and might have some wood they just want to get rid...
  5. zapdafish

Workbench flattening for a hand-tool 'newb"

finish the top and bottom
  6. zapdafish

Jointer or JP Combo?

For me it was space related, I got a two car garage and combining 2 machines into 1 uses a smaller footprint. I'd prefer to have 2. No such thing as a quick pass when I have to transform to the other mode even if it takes a few minutes to switch. Outfeed extensions for a planar are near...
  7. zapdafish

Looking for quarter sawn sycamore

I'm in Winston Salem. I bought some 4/4 from GPS hardwoods a while back but due to health problems, haven't really had a chance to use it. Would be willing to sell to free up some space. Its not the standard QS, if I recall it had lots of colors too. I can take pics if you want to see some samples
  8. zapdafish

Looking for advice for making wood replacement shutters

rockler appears to have some nice design software and hardware to build your own plantation shutters. I havent tried it myself https://www.rockler.com/hardware/diy-home-improvement-hardware/shutters
  9. zapdafish

Shark Guard

I had one and really liked it but then switched over to the jessem clear cut stock guides. In my mind I think they help reduce the chance of kick back more and they interfere with each other for most of my cuts.
  10. zapdafish

Looking for 8/4 poplar or cottonwood for axe targets

Check facebook marketplace, in my area I often see pretty good deals on freshcut lumber as well as offers to cut to size. Sounds like you dont need fully dried wood for targets.
  11. zapdafish

birch plywood ends

not sue if this link works but someone selling pallets of russian birch ends on facebook. not very helpful if you need large sheets but looked like lots of decent sized pieces for crafts in there...
  12. zapdafish

sketchup class by finewoodworking

https://finewoodworking.mykajabi.com/sketchup-interest-landing-page?utm_source=Marketing&utm_content=FW+Promotional+Offers&utm_medium=Marketing&sourcekey=W20443EM&utm_content=FW+Promotional+Offers&utm_medium=Marketing
  13. zapdafish

looking for board butter recommendation

Just want to make sure I buy a reputable one thats safe. There are so many on Amazon, no idea where they are made. thanks
  14. zapdafish

The NCWW Goodwill lathe is up for the next interested person

wish there was a sheet all of us who benefited from it could sign that would travel with the lathe.
  15. zapdafish

miter lock bit question

thats what i was concerned with since a backer is recommended with these types of cuts, thanks
  16. zapdafish

miter lock bit question

can I cut the dadoes for the side and drawer bottom before I cut the miter locks? I havent cut the sides to length yet and would prefer to cut the dadoes while they are all still long. thnx
  17. zapdafish

Small clamps?

8 bucks at harbor freight, with coupon might be cheaper
  18. zapdafish

Johnson Paste Wax Alternative

i use boeshields too, +1
  19. zapdafish

Rip-Offs continue

"Patents are for the weak." - Elon Musk :)
  20. zapdafish

Fully Grown American Chestnut Found in Delaware

theres a huge one at tanglwood that my parents fight the squirrels for nuts every year :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS