Search results

1. EricS

Resource on making floats

Jim, a great article! Considering the cost of the LN or Red Rose floats, making them is the best option with limited skills and time needed. I will be adding this to the to do list. Thank you for the inspiration! Regards, Eric
  2. EricS

Sprunger Jointer Project

Hey Patlaw, what kind of cut offs you looking for? I’ll trade. I have a bunch of Cherry and white oak. Regards, Eric
  3. EricS

WTB Claire Minihan Travisher

Sent you a pm.
  4. EricS

Side table project almost complete

Thank you for the compliment!
  5. EricS

Here is the reason for the angled tenon. Trying to keep some continuity to the set.
  6. EricS

Great Idea! I will document with pictures and process. The color is pure reaction between the tannins in the wood and the ammonia.
  7. EricS

QSWO from a tree that fell 3 years ago. It’s been air drying in a stack outside the shop since i cut up up a few months after it fell. I made these to somewhat match the coffee table I made from the same tree about a year ago. I will fume with ammonia and finish with shellac and a coat of wax to...
  8. EricS

White oak bedside tables

I really like the style! The bevel detail on the face is great.
  9. EricS

WTB Claire Minihan Travisher

Building a few more Windsor’s and would like to upgrade my travisher game. I know this is tough one but you never know until you ask. I’m looking for a Claire Minihan travisher if you have one you are willing to part with. Wood species does not matter. Let me know what you have. Regards Eric
  10. EricS

When last did you use your hand plane?

Used a week or two for a mast I’m making for a boat. Generally every weekend. Nothing like a sharp plane.
  11. EricS

If Pecan wood is so hard...

No scientific hypothesis here but I have had hickory and pecan milled and have left pieces of both wood outside in the weather and they deteriorated fairly quick. Due to bugs and moisture. I find it interesting a harder wood like hickory/pecan will rot quickly and a softer wood like cedar will...
  12. EricS

WTB--Wide 8/4 and 12/4 Sugar Maple

I’m not sure where you are located but this store is amazing. Every type of hard wood from around the world. Better bring check book and then some….. They are open 1/2 day on Saturday. I may run up this weekend. I’m only about 20 minutes away. I will see what they have.
  13. EricS

WTB--Wide 8/4 and 12/4 Sugar Maple

Not sure if you tried West Penn Hardwoods. Located in Conover, NC
  14. EricS

Planes for Sale

Sorry di Sorry, didn’t read post fully. I would like to have it shipped if still available.
  15. EricS

Planes for Sale

Dan will you ship? I will take the #2 if still available. Regards, Eric
  16. EricS

spoons

I like birch for spoons if your just starting out it’s kinda soft and easy to work.
  17. EricS

Japanese Hand Plane?

The blade looks rough on the cutting edge. You will have to grind it back quite a bit to get a good straight edge,Take it slow. You will have to perform ura -dashi (tapping out). To maintain the cutting edge as you sharpen. It may be hard to perform ura- dashi if you grind it back all’s t one time.
  18. EricS

RIP Reggie Medlin

I met Reggie in 2011 when searching for some cypress on NCWW. We had great conversations after meeting. One very kind person.
  19. EricS

Shooting board

Jim, great post! I have been wanting to build one for a while now. I appreciate the inspiration. @Matt thanks for posting a link to Derek’s hotdog tutorial. Looks pretty easy to make.
  20. EricS

WTB Lie Nielsen #2

I know this is a long shot but just checking to see if anybody has a Lie Nielsen bronze #2 they would like to part with? Send me a PM and let me know what you have and your price. Eric

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS