Search results

1. M

New Tool Gloat

Congrats on your new drum sander excellent for making veneer and finishing thin stock
  2. M

Lubing the Lawn Mower

Where did you find a 900 hp mine is only 700 does a 1/4 in about 22.5 minutes (with blades turning) maybe faster if i did not have to stop and pick up grandkids toys. Wife don't like it when I run over them . I take mine to the local speed shop .
  3. M

Hydraulic Lift Table Troubleshooting

I have to agree with chris a check valve will lock a cylinder in place have you checked the pump with a pressure gauge might be a possibility the pump might be bypassing internally also I would suggest replacing the fluids if you do not know how long is has been inservice just my 2 cents worth
  4. M

Bored 7 Year Old

How about making some puzzles, glue some picture to a piece of ply and let him saw it out. My grand daughter makes these all the time on the scroll saw .she just turned 8 still I keep an eye on her but she is learning,and getting better at it
  5. M

ADDING TO MY COLLECTION TODAY!

Bruce ,So that is why all of us old f/f ems peop!e are falling apart, side note I lost my mind so if anybody to finds it let me know where I left it , sawdust doesn't work, tried that , too many bugs
  6. M

ADDING TO MY COLLECTION TODAY!

Didn't they make a tv series about you several years back called "the bionic man" faster and stronger . All kiding aside have a speedy recovery
  7. M

Looking for Sources of Rough Sawn Lumber near Outer Banks...

There is a sawmill in moyock and there was a guy in coinjock that had a mill don't know about what he has or inventory. Moyock had some oak and he has cut up some logs for me don't know what you are looking for. Srhardwoods has a good selection of wood
  8. M

Holy Moly!

Wonder want the blades would cost let alone the power Bill
  9. M

Shelf Pin Cutout?

Try the widgetco.com they have all types of shelf pine flat and found also have all sorts of plugs service is great
  10. M

Fraction - Decimal - Metric Equivalents

Here is a very simple way to convert decimals to fractions and vice versa just rember one number .125 for 8th use .125 for 16th divide by 2 ,32th divide by 4 example 3/8 .125 x3 =.375 , .375 divided by .125 =3. Since .125 is for 8th =3/8 , 16th would be .125 divided by 2 = .0625 7/16...
  11. M

Girl/Boy Scouts Woodworking

Have them make some small jewelry boxes . They will learn how to measure, cut miters, glue up etc . the store in gibsonville has some wormy maple at a very good price teaching young people woodworking is fun an it keeps the craft alive for the next generation, you can't cut boards with an I pad
  12. M

Hickory Table Top

A couple of tears ago I built a dining table for my daughter ( 40 x 96 ) and used a 1/2 spline joint for the top I do not know what kind of base you have in mind,but one concern would be with a 72 in span you run the the chance of the top possibly sagging over time. I put a center support in...
  13. M

Christmas Commission

Those are fantastic
  14. M

Unexpected visitor checking my glue joints.

Is it licensed to inspect glue joints?
  15. M

Forstner Bits

Woodcraft makes an oops kit for 35 mms holes l think I paid about $ 5.00 for it just glue in the plug and MEASURE TWICE
  16. M

Turkey Day

Happy turkey day to all and may the rest of the year he better
  17. M

The "safest" tools and hurrying.....

Years ago when I was doing ems got a call to a construction site . Found the patient standing next to a wall with his arm holding up a piece of 2x4 the young man was in a hurry and nailed his hand to the board with a power nailed .after cutting the stud free from the wall,a $450 dollar...
  18. M

Fair winds and following seas

Home is where you hang your hat,if you are happy there, you are home . Godspeed in your new adventure
  19. M

Posting a picture

How do you post a picture. all I have is a kindle and a smart phone , can it be done
  20. M

New lathe finished

New stand is done and the lathe is sitting on top of it. Question: need to ask Santa for some tools, any recommendations on what to ask for, looking for a basic set of tools to play with for now

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS