Search results

1. Outa Square

wood gloat: flame boxelder

Boxelder is pretty common in my neck of the woods. I have two in my back yard. The leafs on the trees start to fall in late July/early August. The bugs are pretty plentiful as well they tend to gather on the south side of my house in the fall. I read once that the female trees are the ones...
  2. Outa Square

Ultimate tinkering tools

I've seen this discussed here before but never the less I am fascinated by the concept. I like the description on the website "You can think of TechShop like a fitness club, but with tools and equipment instead of exercise equipment. It is sort of like a Kinko's for makers, or a Xerox PARC for...
  3. Outa Square

Lead Paint reminder

I came across this recently and figured I would share. http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/do-it-yourselfers.html
  4. Outa Square

Making wood rings

19 foot ring 1 foot wide??? that's humongous I just read the other day about making face plates and attaching the work with hot glue here is the link http://aroundthewoods.com/gblock.shtml
  5. Outa Square

Festool Domino XL Sneak Peak

Is there any special pricing for this if you order pre-release?
  6. Outa Square

Paging Scott Smith...Mr Scott Smith....

I hate to see wood go to waste but I think that given the fact that it is located in the Giant Sequoia National Monument it is only fitting to have that be it's final resting place. It would be neat to go climb on it and go where only birds and wildlife have been. Of course on the other...
  7. Outa Square

What's my problem? 10"CMS bogging down on 5/4 Cherry.....

Could the blade be on backwards? I have done it once or so:embaresse
  8. Outa Square

Any Consignment Shops Near Hickory?

Fantastic Finds in Newton might be an option. I have not been there but my Father has a both there. He sells miscilenous stuff from small furniture to skeleton keys. There is a place in downtown Conover that I believes does consignment, also there is a place opening in downtown newton soon...
  9. Outa Square

Recommend Mid priced Cordless Drill

I just bought a Bosch 18v lithium ion drill for my father day's present. I was looking at the dewalt and admiring the makita. I only wanted to spend $100 so I was thrilled to get it for $85. Lowes has them on sell for $99 from time to time. I'll likely get another when that happens as I...
  10. Outa Square

Water heater update

This maybe sound like an odd question but what's the temperature of the non-heated water coming into your house? Ours, which is a municipal source varies from 38 to 60 degrees, which requires us to adjust the cold/hot water mix. The hot water side is a constant 120 degrees for us but the cold...
  11. Outa Square

Is it just my BORG?

I ran in to that yesterday, in Hickory both the BORG and Blue Version of the BORG have the self-service check out. I feel that i pay the same price to have a employee to check me out and I should get a discount for me to do it, either my time or money. The don't give you a monetary discount...
  12. Outa Square

50% off Fein Multimaster-OpenBox-CPO

Wood Magazine did a review on oscillating multi-tools in the most recent issue. As expected the Fein was the top choice. I have the single speed harbor freight version and I will at some point replace it with a fein. Before i got the one I have I would not have phantom spending that kind of...
  13. Outa Square

Harbor Freight Gem - 2HP Dust Collector

The manual doesn't show that it can; but HF is notorious for the manual, website, and actual product having some variation. I have the new version with the motor that might be closer to 2 true hp than the old one. I would look but my is in storage at my parents. Here's the link to the manual...
  14. Outa Square

Southeast Tool $1 1/4" double fluted straight router bit

Check this out... Carbide Processors is selling 1/4" shank 1/4" cutting diameter carbide tip router bits made by Southeast Tool for $1 w/ free shipping. Limit 1 per customer. There are only 50 total available at this price. Here is the link for the deal...
  15. Outa Square

Charlotte Walnut Run to Youngsville - It's a bust. :(

Re: Charlotte Walnut Run to Youngsville Not that I need it but I would like 200bf if you have the room. I am in Newton so I am close. I just might need to cut them down to less than 10 ft for trip home. If you don't have room, no worries. I appreciate your offer. Al
  16. Outa Square

PC Pancake Compressor

That appears to be a newer model then the one I have. I had a similar issue... my situation was a loose hose that was loose due to my mistreatment of the compressor. I used the diagram from this site...
  17. Outa Square

Saw Sets

It appears that Tools for wood working are sold out... I looked at fine saw set a couple of months ago and they were sold out of the fine set then. It appears that they are sold out of both now. I have two Stanly Clones; but they are made for 10 to 12 tpi or less. So i am looking for a...
  18. Outa Square

Anybody know about this place?

Dragon, I believe the place in Newton that you are talking about is fantastic finds. I haven't been there but my father has a booth there. Let me know what you find. Outa Square
  19. Outa Square

Ryobi Drill Recall

I got excited but mine is the model that replaced it... I got it in 2004... It's still working, knock on wood.
  20. Outa Square

HF holdfasts

They are already on back order:no:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS