Saw Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Hello friends,
As I am currently working in my 90% hand-tool shop I have no tablesaw/bandsaw for ripping and re-sawing stock. I have plethora of saws that work well for the work that I do but they will be do for a sharpening soon. I have the files, anvil, and saw brace plus a couple of old saws for me to brush my skills up on. However I am lacking a quality saw set or a set of saw sets (say that fast five times,,lol). I pose the question to you all what saw sets are you using? I love the old iron but don't have time nor the desire to hunt a usable one down on the internet. So if there are some that are new and work well please share your experience. Thanks as always and have a blessed day.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Joel at TFWW is a good guy and he'll help you out. Don't think you'll go wrong with either of those sets.

Outa Square

New User
Al
It appears that Tools for wood working are sold out... I looked at fine saw set a couple of months ago and they were sold out of the fine set then. It appears that they are sold out of both now. I have two Stanly Clones; but they are made for 10 to 12 tpi or less.

So i am looking for a finer set myself. I'd be interested in what others suggest.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Sorry, I didn't see that the website showed out of stock. If you call the number on the TFWW site, you are likely to get him.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
no worries friend! I am looking at the set on leevalley. If i decide to go with that set I will let everyone know how they perform.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Mike,

I happen to have a 42X and a 42W that I am looking to sell. You or anyone else is welcome to contact me about these saw sets.

I also have a couple ols Saw Vices.

Thanks,
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS