Search results

1. M

Johnson Paste Wax Alternative

Minwax makes a one pound can of similar wax that I find at Lowe's or HD. Looks about the same and works just as well. Find it in the paint department where the other Minwax finishing products are stacked.
  2. M

Steel tool rest vs cast iron

One polishes the top of a cast iron tool rest to make the surface more tool friendly.
  3. M

Panel glue-up

Jordan, You also can take a page out of George Nakashima's work. Leave a gap in the middle and don't worry about it. Put three or four big butterflys across the center join and make them part of your design.
  4. M

Panel glue-up

Make two short splines, like 1" long and insert at each end leaving 1/16" or so proud of the surface. Sand them off flush when you finish the table top. Yes, you might see them, and the problem is? To me that kind of thing makes a project look like it was hand made not mass produced and shows...
  5. M

Panel glue-up

Put the boards on your table saw with the edge to be jointed pointing down. Set the blade so it cuts 1/2" deep. Set the fence so you can cut a groove with the outside of the blade on the centerline of the board. Push it through the saw and turn end for end and push it through again. That...
  6. M

New Member In Oak Ridge

Howdy! I am Mac In Oak Ridge. 76 years old and been involved in wood working since I was around 7 years old and would be the holder of boards while my father, a carpenter, sawed them with a hand saw. Because of his insistence that I be on job sites where I could go I learned about house...
  7. M

'bout finished

Good work there. Keeping a burl like that from blowing up when you are turning it must be an interesting process.
  8. M

New DeWalt DW735 Here!

I received my new DW735 two days ago and ran some quarter sawn white oak through it yesterday. I can say nothing but good things about it. My old planer has died, a Delta 22-580 that I bought back in 2003. The commutator on the motor armature has chunks out of it and new brushes just get ate...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS