Search results

1. J

Need for a cabinet maker

Great radio - thanks for sharing. Do you know what the wire on the back panel is? Antenna? Resistor?
  2. J

Small blanket chest project

A great demonstration of the craft! Very nice!
  3. J

Tic Tac Toe with Unicorns?

Great gameboard, but the characters are out of this world! Wow!
  4. J

Sliding Gate

Maybe to keep from having stop bumpers on the other wall, these are adjustable stops (?)
  5. J

Is There a Decent Staple Gun Out There?

The basic design flaw of most manual staplers is the handle requires pressure to be applied to the rear of the machine, thus greatly reducing the pressure at the action end. I've been using the arrow 5700 forward action for years and have found it to do a better job of seating the staple.
  6. J

Intarsia Wall Project Part 2

Sorry, I know some cant stand the sight of sawdust 😆
  7. J

Making side bead planes

Great work. Where do you get the persimmon?
  8. J

Electrical formula question

I think explanation of the specific use case might be needed to better narrow this down. But... Your 300 W invertor will indeed run a 2.5A x 120v motor - BUT electrical ratings are typically done at 20C (68F) ambient and need to be derated with temperature. I would probably use at least a...
  9. J

A few more pictures - the corrections: Since the previous build strategy was to glue up characters on 1/4 MDF before fitting in the background, the slightest error in the glue up results in fit problems with the background. The man's head was tilted by (estimated) 0.1 degrees and it caused big...
  10. J

Wall hanging completed.

That's a beautiful piece!
  11. J

Thiis is as close as I get

Very nice - great idea for the bumper.
  12. J

Finishing suggestions for SYP porch ceiling?

I find that Helmsman (owned by Minwax) spar varnish imparts more of a grey color rather than the yellow from typical PUs. The added benefit of spar varnish is it has more UV protection and plasticizers which take temperature differences better.
  13. J

Problems with carnauba wax

Mother's is really good wax for both car and woodworking.
  14. J

Compound Cut Puzzle Boxes, Scroll Saw Project Video

I really like puzzle boxes and this is a well done example.
  15. J

New Post started. See previous post for background. Design for the sky, ground and path are now completed. The first of three panels (each 60"w x 111" high) is essentially complete with the exception of the woman's outstretched hand and her right eye which I managed to completely miss the mark...
  16. J

RDU lunch Friday April 19

Have to pass this time - in CA for grandson's b-day.
  17. J

March 2024 Monthly Contest - Clock Cases

Congratulations Rob! That's really a beautiful piece.
  18. J

Lots of angles - required some practice pieces

Very nice! Great design and excellent craftsmanship.
  19. J

Crotch Ash Bowl

Great form, Michael.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS