Search results

1. W

Ash Dowels, Danish Cord, and Lineberry Carts

I hit the Jackpot, well kind of. I have purchased several lots from a chair company that closed in Statesville recently. Now I have to go pick up everything. The bulk of what I am picking up are Ash dowels, 1 1/2"- 2" dia x 24-36" long; Danish cord; and there are quite a few Lineberry style...
  2. W

3 1/4 hp router options?

I ordered a Triton 3 1/4 hp router motor for my router table at the end of the year and it is on back order. Woodcraft said it would be February, but now Triton they say they are not sure when they will have it. The Bora gets bad reviews on amazon. I just noticed that Grizzly has one available...
  3. W

Custom Router Bits?

I have a table with a 1 1/2" dowel leg that pierces the edge of the 4 1/12" thick top. We currently route the mortise with a template and a top bearing bit from top and bottom both sides. It problematic as there are 6 different steps to route the hole and the holes have to line up with each...
  4. W

Problems finishing Cypress

I've been using Cypress some in my wood turning and sculpture. I like it because it's easy to find in eastern NC in large diameter logs, it fairly stable and I like it's color and grain. But, I have had problems finishing it. Mostly what I make is used indoors and I use a danish oil or a...
  5. W

Shaper question

I have a Mini Max Classic combination machine. I've never really needed to use the shaper on this machine but I have used other shapers in the past. The spindle on the machine is 4" tall 1 1/4" dia. I'd like to use a spiral jointing cutter head on it that's 4 3/4" tall. Should I have any...
  6. W

Black Walnut thread

I have been going through lots of kiln dried black walnut lumber this year. I have a preference for air dried, I just find the warm reds and even the creamy sapwood more interesting. Unfortunately air dried walnut is hard to come by regularly especially where I'm located on the coast. So for...
  7. W

Orbital Sanding Stroke

I'm considering a new orbital. I've had both 3mm and 5mm stroke air sanders for years and love them, but I'm planning to go with electric. I have the rotex 190 that gets a lot ion use in my shop and I like it but the 5mm orbital strokes are visible when sanding to 150 in preparation for a...
  8. W

Mirka Abranet vs Autonet

I went on amazon to purchase a new box of Mirka Abranet (it's been a while as a box usually lasts me a couple years) and Mirka now offers "Autonet". Does anyone have any experience with it. It's considerably less expensive. This is Mirka's explanation which isn't very helpful. "Abranet has...
  9. W

Finish on Stanley plane handles?

A buddy of mine has gotten into restoring hand planes. He's had trouble stripping the finish off some older Stanley handles and knobs. What finishes did Stanley use and what's the best stripper? TIA
  10. W

Shop Fox D4594 Hand-Held Pneumatic Drum Sander, 4" x 1-1/8" Sanding sleeves???

I purchased this not long ago and now I'm having trouble finding the sanding sleeves for it. Amazon only offers 220 grit. I looked on Klingsrpor as well. Does anyone have a source for the sanding sleeves?
  11. W

Steam Bending KD Oak

Hi. I am steam bending some 1" x 6"kiln dried white oak chair backs. Are there any general formulas for how long to steam the wood per the thickness? Thanks.
  12. W

Virutex EB 10C Edgebander

I have a Virutex Edgebander that I'd like to sell. I'm in Swansboro close to Jacksonville. I'm looking for $850 obo. I will consider trades for walnut or white oak https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1363175774195306/ Thanks
  13. W

Bridgewood Wide Belt Sander Rebuild

Last year I picked up a wide belt sander from an estate that had been sitting for 15 years. With help from a couple members here we were able to replace all of the air lines that had disintegrated. We got 6 months of use and now one of the diaphragms is leaking. Talked with Powermatic and...
  14. W

CNC Vacuum Table question

I have just purchased a new CNC. The CNC was available with a vacuum table but I have a couple of vacuum pumps that I have used for a veneer press and a vacuum chuck for my lathe so I decided not to get the vacuum table option. Doing more research, It looks like these pumps probably aren't the...
  15. W

Blum Tandem Drawer Slides

Does anyone know where I could purchase 15" Blum Tandem drawer slides and the tip-on mechanisms? I need 10 pair, and the tip-on for 25# drawers. Richelieu supposedly has them but will not sell them to new customers. Any help would be appreciated. I have a dresser that needs to ship out at the...
  16. W

Black flecks under hardwax oil finish?

I Have a table that is supposed to ship out this week. It was finished five weeks ago and has been wrapped in a blanket. When I took the blanket off to do a final rub down and inspection, I started noticing grey - black flecks. The top is veneered white oak that is bleached. It has Saicos...
  17. W

Cabinet shop tools For Sale in Swansboro

I have the following tools for sale. Virutex EB10C Edgebander for pre-glued edge tape with a laminate cutter and an end trimmer - $1,400 Grass Hinge Borer - $300 Vacuum pump EVS DIY system from Joe woodworker - $400 I also have some Polyurethane membrane form a failed attempt at building a...
  18. W

Two chucks on a Powermatic standing square chisel mortiser?

I purchased a Powermatic 320 mortising machine from an estate. It has a small Jacobs chuck mounted in the larger chuck. My only guess is that the second chuck shortens the length between the chuck and the clamp that secures the square chisel allowing use of a shorter chisel / drill bit set...
  19. W

Looking for a manual for a Bridgewood 15" bws-15a wide belt sander rebuild.

Hi, I picked up a 15" Bridgewood bws-15a wide belt sander from an estate sale last week. It has been sitting for 15 year and all of the air hose has rotted away. It did not have the manual or schematics. The closest I have been able to find online is a manual for a Powermatic rb-25 on...
  20. W

Sketchup Question

I'm having problems Printing to scale for accurate templates. My parts are small enough to fit on a 8 1/2" x 14" piece of paper. So in Sketchup, I have arranged the pieces inside of a 8 1/2" x 14" rectangle. I adjust the window so just the scene I want printed is showing. Parallel...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS