Search results

1. S

Quarter round

Thanks for the reply. Used 1 x 3 stock. I used a 1/2" round over bit but it didn't round it over enough. Should I have flip it over and run it through the router again?
  2. S

Quarter round

How do you make quarter round from flat stock?
  3. S

Hand planes - $20-$50 (Lynchburg, VA)

I'm looking for a wide mouth scrub plane with a rounded edge iron.
  4. S

Addition to morvian workbenche

I know exactly what you mean.
  5. S

Thanks, the bracket was something I thought of while in the shower. LOL
  6. S

I never have the right chisel at hand when I need one. So I made a removal chisel caddy which hands on the back of my tool tray. It can be taken off when disassembling the bench.
  7. S

Moravian kockdown bench

Even though I put the face vise on I still use my moxen a great deal.
  8. S

Moravian kockdown bench

I cut a 2x4to match the angle of leg put it under the secured portion of the vise and screwed it to the leg. As you may or not know, the legs are cut on a 15 degree angle so the underneath support is cut on the same angle. This supports the vise if you are chopping a mortise. I frankly would...
  9. S

Moravian kockdown bench

You are correct in every aspect. The guide rods are 1/2" galvanized pipe with flange threaded on and inserted I to the guide holes. I think it is an easy economical way to build it. I have made several this way and they work well. I generally use whatever scrap wood I have. BTW, the top of the...
  10. S

New deck w/ screened porch & roof

Here's what I did on my deck a few years back. It's a double hip roof. Expanded my deck to accept it.
  11. S

Another fine mess I’ve gotten into

Hey, Richard, I would not have believed that house was built in the 40's when seeing it as I visited with you.
  12. S

New deck w/ screened porch & roof

Here's what I did on my deck a few years back. It's a double hip roof. Expanded my deck to accept it.
  13. S

Moravian kockdown bench

Here are some pictures
  14. S

Moravian kockdown bench

The face vise is all shop made except for the threaded rod. I used a 3/4" threaded rod only because that's what I had. An acme threaded rod would be better. The handle is a galvanized pipe tee. Drilled a hole thru the tee and rod and secured with a screw. As for the mechanism, I cut a hole...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS