Search results

1. CarolinaRoots

New table saw

Here it is in a digital version you can print https://www.gregmach.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Tilting-Arbor-Saw-MBS-250.pdf
  2. CarolinaRoots

12” Northstate Jointer $1000

Looked it up after thinking I hadnt heard of a 14" jointer. Its a 12" CCA512 Hand Jointers , CCA516 Hand Jointers
  3. CarolinaRoots

it looks identical to my grizzly 12" G4178, I know mine is a beast of a machine so I would think this one would be too. Grizzly sells a replacement motor 3hp for the g4178 single phase for less than $400. Here is mine and you can see what i mean about them being identical down to the strap hook...
  4. CarolinaRoots

Not mine, 3phase. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1086622275288578/
  5. CarolinaRoots

20” planer on marketplace $800

Not mine, looks like northstate brand blue. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/649625759983454/
  6. CarolinaRoots

New table saw

No problem, I didn't use a lot of downward pressure and didn't stay in one spot long, like buffing a car really. I don't think with a normal orbital palm sander your gonna be removing much of the cast iron to cause any issues. Good Luck!
  7. CarolinaRoots

New table saw

Matt, I watched several videos online, I think it really depends on how bad the top is. I tried a scotch bright pad first but it didnt really do much. For my case i did the following Sprayed the surface with WD40 and ran a razor blade over the surface to get any surface stuff loose then...
  8. CarolinaRoots

New table saw

Scott, you are correct the current fence is good and works correctly. The issue for my application is that it clamps the front and back rails to lock. The two issues I have are 1) the fence tends to move slightly when locking. 2) I want a small table between the two table saws to bridge the...
  9. CarolinaRoots

New table saw

Picked up a new to me table saw over the weekend from a family who’s woodworker couldn’t use it anymore. It’s a 1992 Northstate MBS-250 3hp. The only thing I have done is reconditioned the cast iron top and cleaned all the internals. The original owner had every accessory that came with the saw...
  10. CarolinaRoots

Hello from Waxhaw

I agree that there is a lot of content that exist today. I do fear making my hobby into something I felt like was work makes me hesitant. If I ever sold anything on Etsy it would be plans as some of the prices people sell things for I just couldn’t buy materials for those low of prices for a...
  11. CarolinaRoots

Hello from Waxhaw

Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself here officially. Been a member of the forum for about a year or a little more. I'm Brett and I live in Waxhaw NC. I've been a woodworker since I was a kid, my parents were woodworkers to some degree with a full workshop of tools I didn't appreciate as...
  12. CarolinaRoots

Need some help identifying this wood

Got a friend working on a table and he’s trying to figure out the wood. It’s lighter in color and he described it as not being very heavy which is kinda throwing me off. I figured it was white oak or ash. But idk figured I’d ask. The first three pic are sanded top and the darker one is the...
  13. CarolinaRoots

Wanted: table saw fence rails

I had considered that, very cool fence had plans for them. I might go that route was just hoping someone had added an Incra setup and no longer needed the stock rails. I need to price out metal suppliers around Charlotte. If it wasn’t for current gas prices I would drive to Raleigh to grab those...
  14. CarolinaRoots

Wanted: table saw fence rails

Any one near Charlotte have a biesemeyer style fence rails they wanna part with? Looking to upgrade fence on an older saw. If I can’t find anything I’m leaning towards ordering a shop fox kit. Thanks
  15. CarolinaRoots

WTB- 20inch planer

Sounds like an awesome machine but definitely a little more than I need. Thank you though
  16. CarolinaRoots

WTB- 20inch planer

Yea I’ve been keeping an eye out on cl and Facebook market place
  17. CarolinaRoots

WTB- 20inch planer

Figured I would check here before breaking down and buying a new one. Looking for a good working 20” planer. Single phase would be my preference. It’s not urgent but if someone has one they are thinking of selling let me know. thanks Brett
  18. CarolinaRoots

Linear Shower Drain

Google kerdi line linear drain, I’ve installed this exact shower. The cover with the tile on it does come up and it should have a small hair basket in it. A hanger with a small hook on the end should help
  19. CarolinaRoots

Woodmaster Thickness Sander - $195 (Indian Land)

The gentleman that’s selling this is very strait forward and honest. If you message him he will tell you if it needs anything.
  20. CarolinaRoots

1000 x 1000 X-Carve CNC Router - $2,300 (Indian Land)

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/d/fort-mill-1000-1000-carve-cnc-router/7233938220.html

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS