Search results

1. T

Making shaped cuts in a 6" Oak Cookie

I did use a bandsaw to make the outside round. I have to make cuts in the cookie that need inside incisions. This is the shape I am going after for reference.
  2. T

Making shaped cuts in a 6" Oak Cookie

Hello all, I am making some intricate cuts in a 6" oak cookies, 18" diameter. My Makita jigsaw with a 9" blade didn't work well and the blades got broken at the base. Maybe I am going to fast! But its not moving really I am thinking about a sawzall and a diablo carbide blade? Any thoughts?
  3. T

Wood identification help

Sure. please see attached. The big log on it's side is pine.
  4. T

Wood identification help

It feels like a hardwood to me. The bark is also very intricate with deep grooves unlike the usual pine I see.
  5. T

Wood identification help

Any thoughts on the wood specie? :)
  6. T

Squaring Rough Cut Wood

Thanks Charlie. The longest is 7ft.
  7. T

Squaring Rough Cut Wood

Thanks guys, I live in Cary right on 55.
  8. T

Squaring Rough Cut Wood

Hello everyone, I have some rough cut pine that I need to glue together for a carving project. The lumber is not square and I need joint edges to glue them up. I have a bandsaw, table saw and a planner. I usually would use a jointer jig on my table saw or my planner but the lumber is 3" x 8" so...
  9. T

Help identify this?

Thanks guys! Oak it is :)
  10. T

Help identify this?

Can anyone help tell me what this wood is? Also, what are the black lines in the wood. The bark was tough to get removed and the wood looks okay dry.
  11. T

Slab planning

Thanks Howie! That's very nice of you. The widest is 17" and about 6ft length.
  12. T

Slab planning

Thank you guys. I did have the list, just thought there would be a new provider who is closer :)
  13. T

Slab planning

Hi Everyone, I have 3 oak slabs I need to plan but my little planner won't fit. The widest slab is 17". Any ideas on who offers planning service around the Cary/apex area? Best -Tarek
  14. T

Recent Turnings

These pieces are museum quality. Your entire collection at home is just amazing Charlie. Stay safe, healthy and keep on turning. -Tarek
  15. T

Planer Sled!

Got you. Do I level the stock with the runners on the top face, that will be planed, or the bottom face?
  16. T

Planer Sled!

Thanks @Henry W I think my planer would probably fit the stock and a 2x4 below it. I do need to figure out the problem with the sled. Maybe double up on plywood or stiffen it with frame made of 2x2s. @Charlie definitely made NCWW proud!
  17. T

Planer Sled!

Thanks @FredP for the offer. I went to @Charlie and he hooked me up!!
  18. T

Planer Sled!

Thanks @sawman101 you mean like adding runners along the length of the stock?
  19. T

Planer Sled!

Thanks alot @Charlie for the generous offer! Please PM me your number and I will call to coordinate.
  20. T

Planer Sled!

Thanks @Oka I don't have a jointer. Was thinking of a laminate 3/4" for sled.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS