Search results

1. D

relative humidity meter for site

I need some kind of relative humidity metering device for (temporary) site where wood work will be installed. Any suggestions? Dennis ps just relocated to Charlotte from OBX Kill Devil Hills so include me in anything going on this side of the state.
  2. D

Left tilt unisaw + dado blade???

At the boat shop we have a 10" left tilt unisaw and it appears we can't fit an 8" dado blade. Anybody have any ideas? We were looking at the freud SD600 dial a width dado set, but have no idea how it does. Any help would be great. Thanks Dennis
  3. D

Router table suggestions for dewalt 625

I have a dewalt dw 625 3hp plunge router i would like to convert to a router table. Any suggestions, self made (any plans would help) or ready to mount store bought units. Will this unit work in a router table as it is a plunge? Its just a bummer as i bought a new 690 kit and haven't used...
  4. D

Need new finish for yacht interiors

I over see the construction of yacht interiors for a custom sportfish builder in OBX. I have been using a finish called poly seal, which is a poly urethan high build sealer with a satin top coat. I found out just recently that the manufacture (advanced finishing) has stopped making finishes. So...
  5. D

past member back on board

Just saying hi I joined about a year ago but with addition of my forth child (all under 7) and the purchase of a new house i lost track of everyone. I moved from kitty hawk on the beach to kill devil hills on the sound to be in a year round community. Still building boat interiors and anything...
  6. D

cost is no object, just need wood

Hi everybody I knew that would get your attention. I am building two boat interiors. 76 foot is to be a light wood, his last boat was maple which is not a good choice for a boat due to expantion and contraction (all the joints open due to changes in humidity) He said cherry was too dark so...
  7. D

New member from the beach

Hi everybody. Happy to have found this site I live in Kitty Hawk on the Outer Banks. Quik history, worked for wood carver as teenager, college for sculpture and woodworking, worked for wood conservator after college, went to grad school for sculpture, got married and moved to OBX during...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS