New member from the beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

D ON BOARD

New User
Dennis
Hi everybody.

Happy to have found this site

I live in Kitty Hawk on the Outer Banks.

Quik history, worked for wood carver as teenager, college for sculpture and woodworking, worked for wood conservator after college, went to grad school for sculpture, got married and moved to OBX during honeymoon. Started building boat interiors and been doing that for about 10 years.

I'm currently working for a builder as lead cabinet maker and designer of interiors. Finishing up 65' sport fisher heading for Key West. In april I will be starting a 76' 4 stateroom 5 head boat and a 65' 3 stateroom 2 head boat. These are private boats with full time crews.

I'm intrested in this site as a resource and sound board for ideas. I have a great crew of guys from various backgrounds which has taught me greatly. The most valuable being the use of different perspectives to solve problems.

I look forward to picking everyones brains for great ideas and experiences.

D.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, you have quite the resume'. I think I'll pick your brains, 'cause you ain't gonna find much in mine. I am glad you could join us, and look forward to seeing some pictures of your work and reading your input in the forums. Hope to "see" you around!!!!

Dave:)

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Ahoy & welcome aboard.

ArrrBeDarr! Another heartie from the coastal area! Glad to have you in the group. This is a great site with wonderful people. As to picking brains, I think Irene and I will be the pickers and you the pickee! Irene and I have boats and you know what that means...lot's of work!

Enjoy the site and the members....Again welcome.

Duke & Irene

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dennis, welcome aboard literally :lol:

Let's go fishing, then talk about woodworking :cool:

Sapwood

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Dennis. Indeed, you have plenty of talent and a talented team that you work with -- You interiors look beautiful in the photo gallery and other shots on the Paul Mann website -- top shelf stuff! We welcome your questions and input to help other members solve problems, too. I can almost smell the sea air -- I really miss it from my days of sailing in New England and oceanographic cruises in my past life.

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I just went to your website and all I can say is DANG those are some nice boats( I would use stronger language to express my point but this a family site). Incredible work, I can't imagine how you go about starting a boat like those.

Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site. I think you'll find many answers here, and hopefully, you'll be providing some of them as well!

KWLTLL

New User
Kevin
Wow Dennis. I'm afraid if you pick my brain, you'll find how not to's instead of how to's! And lots of wasted sawdust!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow Dennis.....we are glad to have you aboard here at NCWW. Those boats on your website are unbelievable. Very nice work indeed. I was seriously considering picking up one of those 76 footers but then I remembered I haven't won the NC lottery yet.:lol:

Again, welcome and I look forward to reading your input to the forums here.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site. Kitty Hawk - one of my favorite places on earth! We're glad you joined us and am sure we'll all learn from each other!

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Welcome aboard Dennis. Beautiful work. :eusa_clap I think you have much to offer on this site. I have a 17' center console that would be just about right for a life board or tender for one of those on the web site.

Wave if you see about 20 PT Cruisers driving through Kitty Hawk on the 18th of March. Our car club is taking an Outer Banks cruise the 17-18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS