Search results

1. B

Historic Shutter

Hey guys, I am working on a shutter for a historic house. I am attaching some images on the profile for the frame. This will have louver slats. I need a profile bit to match for the frame and I'm also looking for the hinge hardware. The other set was thrown away by the home owner during clean up.
  2. Profiling and Hardware

Profiling and Hardware

3. Historic Restoration

Historic Restoration

Restoration project for historic home in Fayetteville NC.
  4. Profiling and Hardware

Profiling and Hardware

5. Profiling and Hardware

Profiling and Hardware

6. Live edge coffee table

Live edge coffee table

Figures live edge maple slab on cherry base. Donated to FCA to help raise money at a silent auction.
  7. live edge coffee table close up

live edge coffee table close up

After 5 layers of tung oil. Donation project to local school for silent auction.
  8. Future red oak island surface

Future red oak island surface

this is the lumber I have to make a red oak kitchen island 3’ x 6’ x 1-1/2”. Thinking of cutting to smaller width between 3” and 4-1/4” to make up the width of the surface.
  9. B

Upgrade priority?

I will check my fence and such to see what going on. When I drop my 24" square on it, it seems good, but my square isn't the most expensive one so even if it's only off .2 or .3 degrees that is probably the issue.
  10. B

Upgrade priority?

So I have a rigid 10" table saw that works alright. My wood seems to be pushing the blade away from the fence slightly causing a not perfect edge. I am also limited on the use of my jointer as it's only a 6" craftsman. Would you upgrade the table saw or the jointer first?
  11. B

Cypress shutters

Hey guys, doing some cottage style shutters for a customer. She wants a simple painted cottage style measuring W20" x H42". They are not functional shutters, just the ones you mount to a brick wall. Should I use a french cleat at the top and brick anchored fastener at the bottom to allow the...
  12. B

Charlie a

Welcome Charlie.
  13. B

Continuing Legacy

I finished up my live edge slab and got a photographer to do some pictures of it as well as stand up my web page. When I get the images back i'll post a link.
  14. B

Hand plane giveaway...

I would like the opportunity to put them to use. I do not own any planes and would like a good plane to learn with. I agree to all above conditions.
  15. B

Continuing Legacy

Thank again to those who have welcomed me to the group. I look forward to learning from you all and passing on my little nuggets of information as well. I am currently reading Understanding Wood as well as finishing up the base for a live edge coffee table today. Base is made of cherry and the...
  16. B

Continuing Legacy

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I would willing to do a Fayetteville area lunch group. I work from home so I am extremely flexible. Maybe some of them will read and introduce themselves.
  17. B

Continuing Legacy

Good morning fellow woodworkers! My name is Kurt, and I am glad to have been informed about this group from another member in the area. I have been practicing my trade on my own since 2013 after I separated from the Army after 10 years. I gave it a great ride, but I felt life was taking me...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS