Hand plane giveaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallashWoodworking

New User
Kurt
I would like the opportunity to put them to use. I do not own any planes and would like a good plane to learn with. I agree to all above conditions.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I have the following entered:

1. Dswalker
2. Beloitdavisja
3. Tooboos
4. Brogan
5. AlanT
6. Bear Republic
7. Ntboardman
8. Gfernandez
9. Kave
10. Ballash woodworking

I'll try to draw tonight. I'm putting numbers in the hat and letting my youngest son do the honors.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
The numbers... 20180216_185448.jpg

And the winner is.... Number 1 Dswalker.

20180216_185918.jpg

Congratulations David!

PM your address and I'll get them out sometime this week.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
The numbers...
attachment.php

And the winner is.... Number 1 Dswalker.

attachment.php

Congratulations David!

PM your address and I'll get them out sometime this week.
Whoot Whoot, I kept checking my cell phone while working outside this evening and never got an e-mail update on the post. The suspense was killing me. lol

I'm really excited. I have a project right now I'm working on and can use them as soon as they arrive.

Thanks Chris! I'll shoot you a PM.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
...and donation has been made. I even bumped it up a little.

attachment.php

Attachments

• donation.JPG
    donation.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 180

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
As I told David, I see quite a few bargain planes in my wanderings. I had quit buying them unless they were something I didn't have or had a part I wanted. But I'm thinking I might rehab a few from time to time and give them away here..... Help raise some money for NCWW.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
As I told David, I see quite a few bargain planes in my wanderings. I had quit buying them unless they were something I didn't have or had a part I wanted. But I'm thinking I might rehab a few from time to time and give them away here..... Help raise some money for NCWW.

Kudos to you Chris.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I would love to have one. I've bought two bigger planes and have sent both back due to warped souls.

I'm curious about that because there are a lot of folks that don't have hand planes but might like to try them and they don't know how to start or where to buy a decent quality one and evaluate it like your warped "souls" experience.

Pardon me, but what brands and sizes did you buy that were so poor and unusable? How'd you find that out?

Some folks try hand planes and quit because they just couldn't figure them out or how to use them. A bad plane to begin with, poor setup, poor sharpening and adjustment, or poor technique?

JEHenslee

New User
Janice
Hi, if you have not drawn already I would like to throw my name in. I too, might have to learn how to use and sharpen b4 submitting anything but sounds doable. I don't actually havehand tools.

Thx,

Janice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS